• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Dropped a clanger...

Well first thing this morning, as soon as the tip opened, I triple bagged my 10kg of frozen stink meat and binned it.

I'd love to be able to make chum, but given the smell and the fact I'd likely be storing it for the next year I decided to get rid of it.

Bleached all of the trays, only job remaining is to scrub the freezer clean.....and check if I need to cut any of the old carpet away in the garage if any of it leaked.....
Stinking chum=waste of time!!!! Sharks don't like rotten bait!!!! Load of bollox!

Just saw this...... i would have blended it into blocks in rubble sacks just the oil content would have driven bass wild.
Groundbaiting for predators is as much about drawing in small fish as feeding the target fish onto a bait. Nowt wrong with absolutely disgusting ground bait...... just need to present a delicious hookbait.

Just saw this...... i would have blended it into blocks in rubble sacks just the oil content would have driven bass wild.
Groundbaiting for predators is as much about drawing in small fish as feeding the target fish onto a bait. Nowt wrong with absolutely disgusting ground bait...... just need to present a delicious hookbait.
He said fine will drop it all round a bit later for you!.:sick:?

I can just see the wife's face as I take the food processor and start making a squid and bluey smoothie
I'm sure I saw somebody on Youtube recently making chum with a garden shredder! Stand well back!

We took out some barrels of extremely bad potbait in the summer,it was virtually liquid with maggots in the mix!! Even made me heave with a mask on!!! Which is why I say stinking crAp is no good for sharks!!!! If we had followed the chum trail back I reckon we couldve scooped up poisoned fish with a landing net and gaffed a few dead sharks!!

Well first thing this morning, as soon as the tip opened, I triple bagged my 10kg of frozen stink meat and binned it.

I'd love to be able to make chum, but given the smell and the fact I'd likely be storing it for the next year I decided to get rid of it.

Bleached all of the trays, only job remaining is to scrub the freezer clean.....and check if I need to cut any of the old carpet away in the garage if any of it leaked.....
Sure is a heart breaker seeing it all go in the skip,that I do know,in time it becomes a distant memory,however the stench you never forget...fresh stock not far off now

I´ve always wanted to bury shit in the sand ,not my carkeys, If i was living near the Coast , "i might have burried in the sand at lowtide", and hope for the best for the next few hours as the tide come in. However ever, delievered in my Wifes Car!?

I agree it would have been fun to try the chum ground bait tactic, but quite frankly I just needed the smell to go away, my garage is attached and each time I opened the door to go in the garage the house would smell of rotting fish.

It all went the day after, I feel bad for the guys at the tip tbh, must be honking right about now

I agree it would have been fun to try the chum ground bait tactic, but quite frankly I just needed the smell to go away, my garage is attached and each time I opened the door to go in the garage the house would smell of rotting fish.

It all went the day after, I feel bad for the guys at the tip tbh, must be honking right about now

Can just see it now! Bristol Daily Blah blah.Read all about it. Mystery Toxic dump'age in Channel Thousands of fish.Dolphins.sharks..Swimmers.Ships wash up dead! China blamed and Trump blames Russia

Stinking chum=waste of time!!!! Sharks don't like rotten bait!!!! Load of bollox!

used to fish with an ole boy skipper out of looe for the porgies n blues

chum was well rotten macky in a big fk off blue 50g barrel
used to store it for 2 years
always used in conjunction to chunked macky, caught fresh on the grounds
back in the days of decca, purple n green lanes n all that cack

and to top it off, he would regularly curl one in the top of the barrel and mix in daily
used to swear by the stuff

rotten?, it had gone past that, and made you fkin gip when ever the lid came off

been out with him many many times, so can vouch for the above

had some cracking fish out there

Back