• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Dungeness 31/10/02020

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Evening all,

After last weeks unsettled weather I decided to fish in between the main fleet of boats and the boats on the point on Saturday night, from low up to high and 3 hours down. I started fishing from 18:00, and it started off pretty slow, but as soon as the tide picked up the whiting made an appearance along with the dogfish, most of which were a decent size. From then on it was a constant stream of whiting and doggies for the rest of the evening. There was plenty of colour in the water and shellfish were being washed up but of course "they" didn't make an appearance. I only saw two others on the beach, and apart from that, it was empty. It's crazy/sad to think that going back ten years for this time of year in those conditions on a Saturday night the beach would have been rammed with anglers every 20-30yds, oh how times have changed. However, on the bright side, the Angling Trust has released a statement in line with government guidelines that it's still acceptable to go fishing during lockdown 2 (could potentially change tomorrow but hopefully not). I have also emailed EDF to ask whether the Dungeness Estate will remain open to the public during Lockdown 2 and they have confirmed it will in line with government guidelines.

Anyway, here are a few photos from Saturday.

20201031_211433.jpg

20201031_223515.jpg

20201031_213919.jpg

20201101_010108.jpg

Until next time,

Elliot

Last edited:
Well done for being out there mate, great photos mate, hopefully the dogs and tings will stay away on the next session, being optimistic , sad how things change mate.

Tight lines

Well done for being out there mate, great photos mate, hopefully the dogs and tings will stay away on the next session, being optimistic , sad how things change mate.

Tight lines
Thanks mate!

Well done Elliott.
Where have all the cod gone?

Back