• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Easiest rigs for average

Dutchman

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
As someone who likes to lure fish, but will use bait as well, i try to set up tackle for the easiest, to cover all as sessions are mainly around 3hrs.
Most time i have mono on my reels and tie a loop to the end and swivel and then a trace can be looped to it or a length of mono with clip on the end that i can then swap lures in a sec, or i remove swivel and fit swivel with clip to hold weight and length of mono with red gill on end.
I use same on boat rods.
If fishing with bait the same and use simply baited feathers and leave top one without bait.
If fishing for bass with bait i can just remove loop and alter quick with running ledger.

Do any others have ideas that you do to cover different situations without too many complications and to save time.

I use my spinning setup for alot of different things so have a Gemini swivel link thing on the end of my leader, that way I can clip a rig on (loop or swivel on top) or a lure.

If you use the small?ones be careful after a session reeling the line in through the rings,it’s better to cut the clip off?

I always like to remove reels from rods at the end of a session, and with my old beachcaster, I could (carefully) get a small link through the rings and clip it to the bale arm or around the reel foot to stop the line coming loose, but with my new Conti rod, the top eye is so small, I can't get anything other than a looped leader through it. It was so much easier with the old rod to run the leader & clip through the rings, clip on a rig or lure, and cast out.

Back