• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

EU Super Trawlers killing fish stocks & marine mammals in Channel

Coxy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
I am not defending the use of these fishing methods.
I watched a programme on tv Mighty Ships and they had a factory ship catching Haddock (i think) for the size o the operation there was hardly any by-catch.

I am not defending the use of these fishing methods.
I watched a programme on tv Mighty Ships and they had a factory ship catching Haddock (i think) for the size o the operation there was hardly any by-catch.
If something is filmed for TV or otherwise, they only let you see what they want you to see.

If something is filmed for TV or otherwise, they only let you see what they want you to see.
If referring to what i watched no, the whole operation was effective and the company that owned the plant requiring haddock was governed by only a certain amount of stock they could take, finding the fish and catching cost money so no need for wastage.

That it what get's on my wick.
Complete false reporting and accusations, and you can see on many a fishing forum (will not say the main culprit) and you get certain orgs brainwashing anglers into believing that.

I have no problem if the facts are correct and can be proven.

Its just like me saying where i fish there are no factory ships but there are dolphins, porpoise and many more washed up on beach it must be the Hollyhead to Dublin or Fishguard to Rosslare Ferries that are causing this. (complete ball0x but some will believe)

Back