• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Favourite lure?

Probably a Shore Line Shiner for the same reason as the OP.

Good lures the R50....... well for a couple of lads I fish with, rate them highly but I’ve only ever had a handful of fish on them. Got a couple I use and half a dozen brand new ones in storage.

It's really hard to choose, used to be the drift shade 31gm 12 cm which still holds my PB.

Then it was flm glide in pure white.

Now it's the Abi snax and bad sticks in white.

Bass sticks have out fishing all the rest this year with two very exiting sessions in gale force winds with the one session producing 10lb, 8lb and 7lb all in a few casts of each other

It's really hard to choose, used to be the drift shade 31gm 12 cm which still holds my PB.

Then it was film glide in pure white.

Now it's the Abi snax and bad sticks in white.

Bass sticks have out fishing all the rest this year with two very exiting sessions in gale force winds with the one session producing 10lb, 8lb and 7lb all in a few casts of each other

Some session that.......... would love another double on a lure.

Some session that.......... would love another double on a lure.
Now is the time, I totally missed it this weekend and so gutted I had to work. The lastest I have caught a double was mid November , so there is time , just look for those sw winds , fish just before the low pressure hits or just after,

Now is the time, I totally missed it this weekend and so gutted I had to work. The lastest I have caught a double was mid November , so there is time , just look for those sw winds , fish just before the low pressure hits or just after,

All being well I’ll be getting a couple of hours in on the lures tomorrow, not been lure fishing for 2-3weeks now. ?

Mate I wish you very tight lines, hope you manage a quality bag with a hard fighting double

I’d be happy with a lure caught bass if I’m honest.......... big one just a bonus, getting close to the end of my lure fishing for the year up this way.

Agreed......... hopefully a good 4 weeks yet but like this week so far, very weather dependant for some of the marks.

Can't get my all-time favourite lure any more ?
Abu Krill in copper colour. An absolute fish slayer.
Abu Krill was a great lure but I preferred silver for bass or red for macks. Still got some left and along with Abu Tobys in 20 or 28 grm I have probably caught more bass on these two than all other lures put together. Tried hard to find a replacement but no joy.

IT was just out of interest, I agree the had far more at night than day, was hoping to spark a colour you would choose for night or day, and lure for warm and cold water.

The question has to be is the bass by nature a nocturnal feeder? As you can catch bass offshore during daylight hours pretty easily in some locations I would say no, they are pretty easy at some shore locations as well or they used to be. During daylight in clear water it can see your lump of plastic all too clearly for what it is. At night larger bass will move in very close to the shore and will accept lures or big baits no problem, waste of time fishing a nice plump pouting livebait a few yards out in daylight. Fishing pressure, bankside disturbance and clarity of water are more relevant IMO.

Back