• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Favourite lure?

The question has to be is the bass by nature a nocturnal feeder? As you can catch bass offshore during daylight hours pretty easily in some locations I would say no, they are pretty easy at some shore locations as well or they used to be. During daylight in clear water it can see your lump of plastic all too clearly for what it is. At night larger bass will move in very close to the shore and will accept lures or big baits no problem, waste of time fishing a nice plump pouting livebait a few yards out in daylight. Fishing pressure, bankside disturbance and clarity of water are more relevant IMO.
And people who have head mounted lamps that I could use on a 243 for mullering foxes!!!

You probably know mine already Kevin, it's currently the Sunslicker Mishna in Lemon Meringue.

Before that it was the SF125 in Plasma Candy, or was it the baby Patch in Nacre? Or maybe one of the Ruf Manics in either Bay White or Ghost Pearl Chartreuse? ?

I guess it depends what I'm catching on at the time.

Back