• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Feb no 1

Phis

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With high water at 12-15pm it was a leisurely start for a change, I got to my spot just around 10 to see a dull grey view and a choppy bay a stiff SW breeze looking good. I'd just about set up and Alex arrived nice to have company once again. I had a slow start for the first hour using squid, Alex on mackerel and rainbow trout had 2 whiting one a decent size in the first 20minutes. I decided to change rigs after the one I was using seemed to have blunt hooks, ? that helped I took two fish in no time one a keeper for a change. We noticed a police van pull in next to the cars but he didn't hang about long more of that later. Fishing in persistent drizzle and an increasing wind the bites came slowly I had one double hook up that made the heart beat faster thinking I had something good on two whiting ? it ended up 8-2 to me. It's strange how Alex started off so well to just take the two, both of us using similar tactics. We called it a day as the tide was going out fast and we had enough of whiting and weather for the day. On getting home I had a message from Alex asking if I had noticed the Jaguar in a ditch next to the track we use, he reckons it was well in, it had police tape around it. How the hell do people manage to go off a single track road that you are lucky to do 20mph on ?.

Well done for sticking it out in drizzle, never makes for comfortable fishing.

Nice result mate, I’ve never used rainbow trout as a sea bait, might have to try it! Nice report, well done ?

Back