• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Finally a decent session 5 species.

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After trips of blanks ,individual fish or a couple small ones finally had a productive night last night.
Long walk about 25 30 mins to the spot .

20220514_010944.jpg

Conditions were a strong side breeze , slight colour to the water which at first I thought wasn't perfect for the target of hounds . Looked perfect for rays and bass though.

Baits were 1 rod on peeler and 1 on whole squid or cut down the bigger ones to make a 9 inch size bait .

1st few casts in daylight produced nothing and thought here we go again haha.. never get much in daylight though ...but once the light drops confidence and chances both rise.

Had a pull down on the crab bait soon as light dropped into proper darkness... picked up the rod and it kept pulling so couple of feet of slack given then bang pulled into a fish.. heavy weight few kicks could only mean ray !!
Decent fish about 8 or 9lbs I think .

20220513_224308.jpg

Then my friend next door had a smoothy about 7lbs, only fish of the night for him so was glad he beat the blank too.

... bit of encouragement to rebait as was lazy bait out there about 25 30 minutes .
Recast and I had hound on straight away about 5lbs .
Next cast one about 7 or 8lbs

20220514_000045.jpg

Went quiet then until 2 dogfish in a row both on crab .
Then a decent silver eel.

Then put a massive humbolt squid bait out on 6/0 pennels close in ....
Bang slack missed a big bite ...

Then next cast same thing and brought this lovely 4lbs bass in

20220514_003705.jpg

Last edited:
Well done H1 L2! Great report, nice photos and a good mix of species. ??(y)(y)

Back