• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

First trip of 2021

Sneaky Peaker

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat

Still waiting for the locks to open in Cardiff it’s ok for the English guys they can go out and fish the Bristol Channel hopefully our leader will get some sense and let use out ???

Good to see someone out. Why do the youngsters out fish us?

I am too far away for a legal trip but my local mates have been catching bass, whiting & undulate rays in the eastern solent.

A month to go before I can get to the boat , check her over and get out there. One of the commercial potters has started collecting & freezing velvet crabs for me - ready for the smoothound & bass (great wrasse baits as well)

Course fishing has been pants and closes end of 15th March so just counting the days !

Tight lines to the Welsh boys once you are allowed out (sticks in my throat but you deserved your win over England)

Good to see someone out. Why do the youngsters out fish us?

I am too far away for a legal trip but my local mates have been catching bass, whiting & undulate rays in the eastern solent.

A month to go before I can get to the boat , check her over and get out there. One of the commercial potters has started collecting & freezing velvet crabs for me - ready for the smoothound & bass (great wrasse baits as well)

Course fishing has been pants and closes end of 15th March so just counting the days !

Tight lines to the Welsh boys once you are allowed out (sticks in my throat but you deserved your win over England)
Wild trout season starts on the 1st April, so a little patience Coxy

Cannot find my flies ?

Forgot that - can hit the Tillingbourne near Dorking but need to persuade a friend that he will take me as a guest!

Cannot find my flies ?

Forgot that - can hit the Tillingbourne near Dorking but need to persuade a friend that he will take me as a guest!
I fish at Albury, Vale End and Western Lakes.

I live in Bookham & coarse fish the Mole at Mickleham bends. My friend has a rod on the Wotton Estate trout fishery.

I take him sea fishing and he takes me trout fishing.
I take my friends trout & sea fishing. Pleased to hear you do similar (y)

Wild trout season starts on the 1st April, so a little patience Coxy
Does the normal rod fishing licience cover you for the trout fishing beach ? Or do you need a separate licience for the trout ?

Does the normal rod fishing licience cover you for the trout fishing beach ? Or do you need a separate licience for the trout ?
As Coxy says, a rod license covers freshwater fishing and non migratory trout (rivers, lakes & reservoirs) it does not cover sea trout or salmon. You can have up to 2 rods on 1 license for your use only unless you take a child under 12 then it is free for them to fish. My license ran out in January but will not renew until we are allowed to travel. Check on the website: gov.uk/get-a-fishing-license
Hope that helps.

You do know this is a boat fishing thread right?
You can use a boat to catch freshwater fish including trout. I just answered the question - doh !!!

You do know this is a boat fishing thread right?

Sorry to hijack the thread a little but beach said something that enables river fishing to continue for trout . The river season shuts in 3 days

Sorry to hijack the thread a little but beach said something that enables river fishing to continue for trout . The river season shuts in 3 days
Wild trout season starts 1st April. Lakes and reservoirs generally tend to be all year round where they stock them (triploids).

Last edited:
As Coxy says, a rod license covers freshwater fishing and non migratory trout (rivers, lakes & reservoirs) it does not cover sea trout or salmon. You can have up to 2 rods on 1 license for your use only unless you take a child under 12 then it is free for them to fish. My license ran out in January but will not renew until we are allowed to travel. Check on the website: gov.uk/get-a-fishing-license
Hope that helps.
Thanks for your help thats appriciated beach . And thanks coxy aswell . (y)

Wild trout season starts 1st April. Lakes and reservoirs generally tend to be all year round.
I know a few spots on the river that hold trout so im going to check gov uk site like you say to see what clarity i can gain . Nice 1 again good chap (y)

just said tab has crashed when I try click on link should of just posted story on here then more people will look

Back