• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

fishing at badraco dry island highlands

saintsman

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all,my partner has booked a 7 day holiday on badracho dry island in the highlands and just wondering if anyone has fished there and what sort of tackle and bait i would need to take and what i would expect to catch in the month of august.i am pretty new to all this and would mainly be catch and release just for the sport.any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks

I haven't fished at Badachro but was there a few years ago. The area around the dry island is very shallow with a lot of boat moorings but there may be some sea trout on spinners heading for the Badachro river. The only mark I've heard about around there is Carr Point at the end of the road at Port Henderson about 2 miles away. There's access to deeper water there off the rocks and there should be mackerel, pollack and coalfish there at that time of year. A spinning rod and a selection of lures should be all you'll need.
If you're prepared to travel about 20 miles further north there's a good mark on Loch Ewe where I've fished several times and had some good pollack.

Last edited:
I haven't fished at Badachro but was there a few years ago. The area around the dry island is very shallow with a lot of boat moorings but there may be some sea trout on spinners heading for the Badachro river. The only mark I've heard about around there is Carr Point at the end of the road at Port Henderson about 2 miles away. There's access to deeper water there off the rocks and there should be mackerel, pollack and coalfish there at that time of year. A spinning rod and a selection of lures should be all you'll need.
If you're prepared to travel about 20 miles further north there's a good mark on Loch Ewe where I've fished several times and had some good pollack.
hi, thank you very much for your help.i am looking forward to the trip.

Back