• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Fishing in wales

I hope you like dogfish.

Welcome to the forum Tom. (y)

Ian.

Welcome to TSF Wattsy. Plenty of people on here can suggest marks in North Wales. I love Aberdaron and have done well there, as well as on the rocks further west. There are places to fish for multiple species all over the Llyn and on Anglesey.
I'm pretty sure if you state where and when you've booked you'll get all the right advice ?

Edit to add: March is not the best month tbh, but ask anyway and keep an eye out for reports..

Welcome, there are a few good lads who put some great reports along the N Wales coast, just keep an eye out or search back on here.

North Wales beach fishing in March is usually pretty poor. The rock marks around Anglesey and the Llyn will gi\/e you a good chance of big huss at night though if you don't mind it rough

Last edited:
Are you set on beach fishing or would you fish rock marks too as that opens up alot more possibilities of where to fish.

I used to fish a lot in West Wales, from Saundersfoot up to New Quay. It's a lovely area, great scenery and few other people. Where you go is determined by the type of fishing you do, for an open beach there's Newport Beach, for fishing in a picturesque cove there's Cwm-yr-Eglwys, my favourite place to fish. The biggest problem there is getting bait, shops come and go at an alarming pace, even supermarkets for fish or frozen baits are few and far between. Take some lighter gear, some frozen bait, plenty of salted ragworm and go species hunting.

Plenty of info on my blog although it is all a few years out of date.

I used to fish a lot in West Wales, from Saundersfoot up to New Quay. It's a lovely area, great scenery and few other people. Where you go is determined by the type of fishing you do, for an open beach there's Newport Beach, for fishing in a picturesque cove there's Cwm-yr-Eglwys, my favourite place to fish. The biggest problem there is getting bait, shops come and go at an alarming pace, even supermarkets for fish or frozen baits are few and far between. Take some lighter gear, some frozen bait, plenty of salted ragworm and go species hunting.

Plenty of info on my blog although it is all a few years out of date
If you struggle to find bait in Pembrokeshire you are doing something \/ery wrong

If you struggle to find bait in Pembrokeshire you are doing something \/ery wrong

If you gi\/e me a list of tackle shops that sell bait then I'll update my blog, things must have changed since I was last there. Perhaps you mean finding your own, but digging worms isn't what people go on holiday to do, it's fishing.

If you gi\/e me a list of tackle shops that sell bait then I'll update my blog, things must have changed since I was last there. Perhaps you mean finding your own, but digging worms isn't what people go on holiday to do, it's fishing.
I was on about collecting your own.

I hardly ever buy bait only stuff i have ever bought are a couple packs of frozen sand eels, 1 pack of squid and 1 pack of razors

Back