• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Fixed spool reel sizes.

stan m

Reaction score
Seems to be a variety of different manufacturers ideas on FS sizes. Been collecting a few reels for the coarse / pike fishing and even with the same manufacturer the sizes are different. Shimano baitrunner 5000 is smaller than a Shimano 4000 and the Shimano 4000 is larger than a Finnor 4000. Finnor 5000 is way bigger than the Shimano 5000. Freakin` minefield.

Last edited:
Seems to be a variety of different manufacturers ideas on FS sizes. Been collecting a few reels for the coarse / pike fishing and even with the same manufacturer the sizes are different. Shimano baitrunner 5000 is smaller than a Shimano 4000 and the Shimano 4000 is larger than a Finnor 4000. Finor 5000 is way bigger than the Shimano 5000. Freakin` minefield.

At your age it's hard to take it all in! Best stick to your high Heels Stan you know your size! lol.

"Big pits" Carp waffle.run bigger per numbers than baitrunners and spinning reels another size range in Shimano
Daiwa have there numbering system ranges and you have to convert between brands on that plus there just Japanese so are strange anyway.

Mammary. these be the high heels you gave me?? Being a rel distributer I know a wee bit about them. I was making an observation not seeking clarification

Last edited:
No we spent all the Cash on your Pink Sequinned ones you liked no spare cash as they was expensive mind guess need the best at your age with those Dainty Toes!:D
Mammary, you seem obsessed with high heels and sequins. Is there anything you want to tell us,we will behappy to listen, seems it is no shame these days (the warbler wil no doubt pull me up for "seems")

Mammary, you seem obsessed with high heels and sequins. Is there anything you want to tell us,we will behappy to listen, seems it is no shame these days (the warbler wil no doubt pull me up for "seems")
It wouldn't be my first choice in footwear but certainly no shame in it.!

Back