• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Float fishing

BF60

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent telescopic rod for float fishing?
All replies greatly appreciated.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent telescopic rod for float fishing?
All replies greatly appreciated.

Not really sure about telescopic rods as never used them, a travel spinning/lure rod would be what I’d be looking at before telescopic. Seen some 4piece ones in a travel tube/case that could be worth a look.

I used a telescopic rod when I first started fish here, it was my lucky rod, for down the side of the piers, but I am sure they are much better made now, but if I was going to a rod for float fishing, I would go a four piece rod.

I use the 10 and 11 foot Leeda icon feeder rod , found that they can handle a hard fighting mullet, but the light and easy to travel with

Thanks very much for all your replies. I have a feeder rod I think I'll give it a try.

Telescopic rods are the norm down here for nearly all but the serious beach fisher. They god to huge length too 6m+ depending on the purpose. Most of these rods are really quite cheap at around 30 -40€ for a decent one. If it was me and I was doing the odd stint of float fishing I would buy a really cheap one. I am using a 9ft 2 pc spinning rod to float fish and it does the job fine but a rod that was a little bit heavier would be better for lifting fish up. I am actually about to buy a tele for ledgering/floating but I won't be spending much.

Back