• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

floatation suit

j willson

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
just had my second daiwa breathable suit leak 10 month old , in wales with lockdown ? any good ideas , 2 piece suit waterproof .

Ive had the Diawa SAS for probably 5 years with no problems at all, i have reproofed it once but only as a precaution not because it was leaking, i would def get in contact with them.

I use a baltic one that I bought new but unused off Ebay a few years back. I'll have to look up the exact make name. It's a one piece but unfortunately if it's above minus figures I'm far too hot. Great though if you don't have to walk far and it's blowing an icey wind. If i have to walk any distance and want to use it, I roll it up and strap it to the top of my rucksack and put it on once at the mark. Not had to use it this year though and probably won't next year as things will have warmed up by the time I can get back to the coast I bet. If I had to buy again I'd probably get a two piece but then again my nether regions would still probably get overheated on a long walk, so I'd still probably not want to wear the bottom half either till I arrived at where I was fishing anyway. So bit undecided on that one.

it gone back today , just want to replace it with some thing thats keeps me dry
Fladen one is commercial type so lasts unlike most angling tat Cosalt was another ok one

what the arm movement like on them as i pendulum cast .
There commercial so designed for working environment not supping tea on the beach/twiddling your nuts so plenty of movement

What size you looking for? might help? Have a giant size?! Sundridge Survival two piece which has an inflatable life ring and harness built in wore couple of times and bottoms never worn Hood comes right up and out so can hide away on a cold day but boy is it warm and cosy used it when used to fish southend pier at night when CCold. Sundridge make them for many had own name before got taken over by Daiwa UK

Last edited:
what the arm movement like on them as i pendulum cast .
Plenty of arm movement, I've never found any style of casting a problem. Definitely go for the two piece, not cheap but as it's not made for the fishing market it is a real rescue system and trust me it works!!!.
The only thing you'll find they are a bit stiff when new but soon soften after a few trips out.
Tight lines.

as soon as lock down over , we have a wind farm supply shop up the road from me with fladen and other kit will have a look there if thats not got any thing climbing gear the next on list

There commercial so designed for working environment not supping tea on the beach/twiddling your nuts so plenty of movement

What size you looking for? might help? Have a giant size?! Sundridge Survival two piece which has an inflatable life ring and harness built in wore couple of times and bottoms never worn Hood comes right up and out so can hide away on a cold day but boy is it warm and cosy used it when used to fish southend pier at night when CCold. Sundridge make them for many had own name before got taken over by Daiwa UK
i am 5-10 13 stone so large to xl seems the size that fits

Back