• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Food and drink

Specihunter

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
So whats your food and drink for each season
Spring summer pies snack food and cold drinks
Autumn and winter soup with either coffee or bovril

For fishing? Flask o’ strong coffee. And a cold drink.

For eight hour plus trips I might pick up a Co-op sarnie or something ??‍♂️

Flask of coffee definitely, don’t usually bother with food unless I am in for the long haul

Good strong coffee is an essential and a bottle or two of water. Tend not to eat when I'm on the boat or shore fishing, too busy ? Carp fishing, however - it's like a kitchen, especially in winter. Can't beat a nice warm curry/stew when you're freezing your nads off and experiencing zero fish activity as the carp are far wiser than the anglers on the bank.

Fished the River Wye last October for the barbel and the lads who were with me cooked up a whole roast beef dinner on the bank! Was very impressive...and welcome, as it turned baltic that week.

Fishing on my own , then just a few bottles of water, maybe bars of chocolate if it's cold.

When my partner comes with, then the kitchen sink and the plug is packed , carrying on our backs along with two trollies loaded to, but full on barbque and gas stove for cooking a full English in the morning on the beach lol

Tea Tea and more Tea. Forget alcohol near any water esp on it! you think warm but it fools you as chills you reason why people go hypo in water when fallen in after drinking.
Tea bags (yorkshire none of that Gay PG Tat)Real milk Burner kettle water plus insulated mug if can find or those travel mugs then fresh hot brew

Coffee lots of coffee on camping stove when those naked noddles are my go to warm up snack ?

Short session: Under 12 Hrs but average of 4 to 6 Hrs.Flask of water. Milk and Earl Grey tea bags. Bar of chocolate and a pie.
Long session: 12 Hrs plus. Small camping stove, small lightweight kettle and pan, water, bacon, eggs, chocolate, pie or two, Earl Grey tea, milk.

Short session: Under 12 Hrs but average of 4 to 6 Hrs.Flask of water. Milk and Earl Grey tea bags. Bar of chocolate and a pie.
Long session: 12 Hrs plus. Small camping stove, small lightweight kettle and pan, water, bacon, eggs, chocolate, pie or two, Earl Grey tea, milk.
Next time you do a long session I want to come with you!

winter it's coffee and cup a soup with sarnies for the beach, for the boat the same but with the addition of a food flask with filled with breakfast and beans from a can.

For some reason bakery(never greggs) sausage rolls have always been a tradition for me, I know most of the bakerys close to my marks although these are now getting as rare as cod..

I hope you take your wife as well or you'll have no time for fishing

Flask of Bovril with a hint of chili powder and egg omelette sarnies for Winter. Bottles of tap water, dried fruit and nuts, bar of chocolate and perhaps some beef jerky for Summer. Have been known to steal my brothers sarnies because he brings loads with him ;)

A couple of flasks of hot water. Bottle water ,tea bags,milk & coffee. Pot noodle & a couple of sandwiches.
Normally make sure have eaten enough before hand .
Any hot water left over is used to wash bits down.
If I go as a family , just add a small cooker & a saucepan. Then take either side tin soup,hot dogs or home made soup.

Back