• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Food and drink

For some reason bakery(never greggs) sausage rolls have always been a tradition for me, I know most of the bakerys close to my marks although these are now getting as rare as cod..
Aldi do packs of 4 large frozen sausage rolls - 30 minutes in the oven and they are Yum! Wifey says she couldn't make them as good or for the price.

So you take an oven with you as well.
You will be taking the kitchen sink as well next.
No. cook 'em the day before, but then I generally don't get a look in as Wifey has hidden them in her work lunchbox! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Depends ,if it's a charter trip usually have breakfast in a cafe in the morning and take a ginsters or similar for later in the day . Off the beach usually eat at home but take a flask and a chocolate bar .
When I was younger me and my mates would take all sorts get a fire going under the cliffs and have a few beers , jacket spuds , sausages and often any fish we caught would be stuck on a stick and cooked . Didn't go down to well on Deal pier for some reason ?

I used to like to take a nice pie of some sort and then stand it on top of my storm lantern to warm up while I was fishing. Sadly I never take a storm lantern with me nowadays.

For short sessions in the winter, just a small flask of hot elderberry cordial.
You're another strange one! Somebody on Youtube was saying t'other day all he ever takes with him on his boat is a flask of hot ribena! Horrible stuff! Elderflower sparkling water, ice cold, has caused a slight addiction - if I have one, I have to have 4 more!

Last edited:
It depends on where I'm going, and who I'm with. If I'm going with my mate Jamie there's no need to take anything as he always insists on going to a cafe or tearoom. If I'm going after Trout I take a packet of BLT sandwiches, bag of crisps, mars bar and a flask of coffee. Over in Argyll I'll take my storm kettle and coffee stuff down to my secret sea trout pool, no need to take food as its only a couple of hundred yards from the house. Going on a charter boat I'll eat a couple of hours before I go out, but take a flask of hot chocolate with me, it tastes exactly the same on the way up as it does on the way down, so not too bad on the rare occasion that I get seasick.

Back