• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Friday night catch report

John Mitchell

Reaction score
So here we go again Friday night a few fish about .
so I met up with Trampster and Bananas at a local beach , got rag for bait and hopefully catch some rare mackerel for bait .
well what a night the white bait turned up on the beach followed by the mackerel, I caught over 20 mackerel on my lure rod using a 12gm seeker . I also had 2 bass one a keeper 45cm for Saturday lunch , I also caught 2 nice size scad on my bottom rods which I was using white bait for bait .I also had a pout , Bananas and Trampster also caught a few fish . But the winner by far was the seeker in white , ( match the hatch) 7C2C0F86-81DF-4F46-9F2F-70C155B92B17.jpeg0C4B53AB-580F-4E6B-A27A-2F9CD13EE8EE.jpegABB274FF-56AF-4015-A202-BD391FCB3E8C.jpegEEB9020F-A4E9-448A-A53D-3F85187314B6.jpeg

You did amazing on the lure, funny I only managed 3 on feathers, plus 2 scad on the bottom on sprats, shame nowt else bar tiny pouting was on the bottom, but was a enjoyable evening, Good to proper fish again with you john and dave.

Twas a great night and a great report & photos from John. I've heard about Mackerel & Scad chasing Baitfish up onto the shore but never seen it with my own eyes. Not much more I can report but I will try to put something up as soon as a bit of normality returns. Being a little incapacitated the back end of the week, I've had 'stuff' I had to catch up on. Well done with the Bass John, thanks for the help, and many thanks to Bob for his casting advice! ??

Nice one Jhon boo fancy getting yer ass kicked by a sex toy flicker @bananas ??????
The bloody fish wasnt coming to feathers at all, had 3 mackerel on feathers and 2 scad on the bottom, should a taken my sex toys, john did offer one of his but wasn't sure where it had been so declined ???

Back