• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Frozen Bait from Supermarket

Got some razor shells this morning from Morrisons forbait.

They also had Squid Rings (not cooked). Those should do as well wouldn't they?
Cut in half they look like they would be ok on 1 hook, or just one cut to open them up and then dangle a bit on hook.

Don't you have a bricks and mortar home?
Do you travel around?
Yes got house made of bricks and mortar!
Got static caravan so travel to it and around that area (also travel around when at home, if no lockdown or travel restrictions)

What that has to do with Razors or Morrisons i do not know.

Yes got house made of bricks and mortar!
Got static caravan so travel to it and around that area (also travel around when at home, if no lockdown or travel restrictions)

What that has to do with Razors or Morrisons i do not know.
Travelling to second homes, caravans or chalets for an overnight stay??? Is illegal under the current rules on lockdown.
WHY ? do you think that you are exempt?

Travelling to second homes, caravans or chalets for an overnight stay??? Is illegal under the current rules on lockdown.
WHY ? do you think that you are exempt?
o_O:unsure:Not sure why you even think i am travelling to my caravan as no where on here have i said i am. In fact post 66 informs you of that. (also travel around when at home, if no lockdown or travel restrictions)
The first thing i mentioned (about the caravan) was in post 64, and where i shop when at caravan.

FYO the last time i was there was October 2020 prior to the Welsh fire break/lock down and also prevented from going since before Christmas 2020 and still the site closed due to restrictions.
Should be opening up Saturday 27th if Welsh Gov give the all clear on Friday(y)(y)(y)

Well back to the squid rings (where ever i can buy them from):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Will they be any good?

Well back to the squid rings (where ever i can buy them from):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Will they be any good?
Hmm, hard to say without seeing them but it wouldn’t be my first choice. Washed and cut squid, can’t see it being the best for bait.
I expect it would be usable but can you not just take a normal bag of frozen tackle shop squid from home?

Can’t see a problem with the razor though, could do with some myself...

Hmm, hard to say without seeing them but it wouldn’t be my first choice. Washed and cut squid, can’t see it being the best for bait.
I expect it would be usable but can you not just take a normal bag of frozen tackle shop squid from home?

Can’t see a problem with the razor though, could do with some myself...
Yes got the razor as talked about earlier on here.
But in there was also squid rings there as well so thought i would just ask.

No tackle shops for sea fishing here, not sure if tackle shop open near caravan, but should be able to get some if needed there Nudge nuge, wink wink)

No tackle shops for sea fishing here, not sure if tackle shop open near caravan, but should be able to get some if needed there Nudge nuge, wink wink)
I admit I’ve never tried supermarket bought squid but can’t see it being the best, though it would probably still be usable.

Most shops are doing click and collect, as it were, so you could buy some near your caravan without needing to nudge or wink!

Or mail order some in while still at home and take what you need on the hols, assuming you’ve got anywhere to store it?

I admit I’ve never tried supermarket bought squid but can’t see it being the best, though it would probably still be usable.

Most shops are doing click and collect, as it were, so you could buy some near your caravan without needing to nudge or wink!

Or mail order some in while still at home and take what you need on the hols, assuming you’ve got anywhere to store it?
I should be ok to get some up there, it was just easy to get some razors as having asked on here about them.
Not a great deal of room in freezer up there as sais before, food takes priority, but can slip the razors in and a few mackerel and small box of squid.
Saying that the squid i had before never had a sniff and frozen sand eels only caught crab.
Have had all success with peeler crab i have found or the mackerel.

I should be ok to get some up there, it was just easy to get some razors as having asked on here about them.
Not a great deal of room in freezer up there as sais before, food takes priority, but can slip the razors in and a few mackerel and small box of squid.
Saying that the squid i had before never had a sniff and frozen sand eels only caught crab.
Have had all success with peeler crab i have found or the mackerel.
Yep, just meant keep some at home and take one bag or box of squid, not stack the caravan freezer.

I don’t know that area at all obviously, but not every bait works in every area or even every mark.
As with anywhere, just depends what you’re doing, where you’re doing it and when.

Yep, just meant keep some at home and take one bag or box of squid, not stack the caravan freezer.

I don’t know that area at all obviously, but not every bait works in every area or even every mark.
As with anywhere, just depends what you’re doing, where you’re doing it and when.
Last year went up July the day after the site opened after restrictions lifted and came back end of October to go to hospital appointment and then lockdown happened again so we are there a bit.

Could possibly keep at freezer at home and take some up, but i mostly lure fish, i do bait fish but usually just collect crabs before or even when rods are out, and use mackerel that i have caught.

I have even tried rubber looking worms, again with no success.

I did see a video once somewhere of a bloke spinning with the rubber worms and catching.

Last year went up July the day after the site opened after restrictions lifted and came back end of October to go to hospital appointment and then lockdown happened again so we are there a bit.

Could possibly keep at freezer at home and take some up, but i mostly lure fish, i do bait fish but usually just collect crabs before or even when rods are out, and use mackerel that i have caught.
Fair one. I don’t lure fish much, bizarrely I find it tedious (but can watch a rod tip for hours, go figure ??‍♂️).
I know people have had success for pollack with the jelly worm soft lures - I think just fish on a long flowing running ledger with a bullet or barrel weight, from what I understand. I’m no expert though!
I imagine a lot would get snagged and lost, but they’re hardly expensive lures.

Is Lionels still open in Buckley? they always had a decent supply of sea baits, or is that too far for you

Back