• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Going to Brightlingsea

Warrior 170

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Hi everyone, i'm looking to go to Brightlingsea with my new boat in the next couple of weeks, used to go there 10 years ago but not been since, can anyone help with some advice? can you still launch at any tide? can you still park your trailer up the side of the road near by? and any tips on what fish are about this time of year? and last of all where about's to try used to have lots of marks on my old boat but these all went when I sold it. any help will be much appreciated thanks in advance.

All I would say is, having fished from Brightlingsea out of a boat years ago, is that IMHO, go south.
Essex didn't do it for me. Dragging a boat through all those A and B roads when you can access better areas by motorway quicker, seems a better bet.
But you've fished the area before so you'll certainly know more than me, I just found that area a bit grim!
I'd take a drive up there and have a look around, see what's changed since you were last there.

Hi everyone, i'm looking to go to Brightlingsea with my new boat in the next couple of weeks, used to go there 10 years ago but not been since, can anyone help with some advice? can you still launch at any tide? can you still park your trailer up the side of the road near by? and any tips on what fish are about this time of year? and last of all where about's to try used to have lots of marks on my old boat but these all went when I sold it. any help will be much appreciated thanks in advance.
There is Walton on Naze marina also.

Back