• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West Wales Guidance required please

blueal

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Coming to visit Tywyn next month, and as were close to the sea my rods are getting an outing too for the first time in several years, problem is I am after a bit of advice as to where to fish, I am unable to walk too far due to medical issues so near a car park would be ideal.
Thanks in advance

I've seen the odd person fishing Tywyn beach, but I've never fished it myself.
I'm sure some of the more local members should be able to advise better than myself.

Forgot to add on the original post, but where is the nearest tackle shop to Tywyn, can't seem to locate one ?
Not used any of these as its off my patch but as a start, try.

Sadly i dont think the tackle shop in Tywyn is still there. There is a shop in Machynlleth that sells a few bits and pieces but not sure about bait. You will be able to fish in front of where you have parked your car all the way all the promenade and the ground is pretty similar, sand/shingle to the left a bit rougher to your right. Plenty of dogfish, smalleye rays, Bass, some very nice turbot have been caught to the left towards Aberdovey. Its one of those beaches that can throw anything up on its given day but i have never found it that productive during the summer, its more of a winter mark for me when you get some nice Codling and decent Whiting. You could always try and get in contact with a chap called John Mason who guides along that stretch and he will know how its been fishing and may give you a few pointers. Hes a nice chap and very knowledgeable along that stretch of the coast and have fished with him many times.

John Mason - Guided Shore Fishing on Cardigan Bay​

Area CoveredMid Wales
QualificationsFully insured
ServicesUp to four anglers,
trips from £45

2-6 hour plus bespoke sessions

Full equipment available

Aberystwyth to Tywyn and beyond

April/May to December
weekdays and weekends
Telephone01654791636
Emailjohn.mason@geologywales.co.uk
Websitehttps://www.geologywales.co.uk/fishing/

https://www.facebook.com/aBeachNearYou

Also if you type in Google search tywyn webcam it will give a good look at the beach as it pans round, so have a look over low tide and it will give you a good idea of the ground you will be fishing ??

Back