• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Handle to suit TLD 5

Topwater

Reaction score
I've been looking for a handle to suit a TLD 5 but have drawn a blank with my usual sources - Blakdog, Felindre Innovations and Shimano EU. I've found a replacement 15 size but they're a bit long. Doesn't have to be original or new just something that gets this little workhorse back in action! Anyone got any suggestions or perhaps something sitting in drawer or box of spares? I've posted in the wanted ads. Any help appreciated! Cheers
PS a handle for mk1 525 fits but is too thin in cross section

Last edited:
I've been looking for a handle to suit a TLD 5 but have drawn a blank with my usual sources - Blakdog, Felindre Innovations and Shimano EU. I've found a replacement 15 size but they're a bit long. Doesn't have to be original or new just something that gets this little workhorse back in action! Anyone got any suggestions or perhaps something sitting in drawer or box of spares? I've posted in the wanted ads. Any help appreciated! Cheers
PS a handle for mk1 525 fits but is too thin in cross section

Take some pics etc of it all see what can find that fits/works? only issues with them is the pre drag controls on there but will be generic type of shaft so something else will fit.

Thanks for the reply Tournamag! Can't do pics unfortunately mate. No 'pre drag' on the handle (drag preset dial and lever all on the side plate) its just a fairly standard handle with counter balance (not essential) and 525 sized slot, but thicker in cross section. What about all these spare Fathom handles that will be going begging now folk are moving to the double paddle style? Are these compatible I wonder? Surprised I can't find an aftermarket part tbh. Tried Jim's and Mike's reel sites - nothing obvious....

Thanks for the reply Tournamag! Can't do pics unfortunately mate. No 'pre drag' on the handle (drag preset dial and lever all on the side plate) its just a fairly standard handle with counter balance (not essential) and 525 sized slot, but thicker in cross section. What about all these spare Fathom handles that will be going begging now folk are moving to the double paddle style? Are these compatible I wonder? Surprised I can't find an aftermarket part tbh. Tried Jim's and Mike's reel sites - nothing obvious....
Thought had replied but keep seeing your other post so thought i'd not pressed send!
Fathoms are a square drive.
Yes remember now preset is on lever boss! have a TLD5 here......Somewhere!
you say cross section explain?

Thickness of the metal bar mate. I don't own any Fathoms as I'm still using a sizeable collection of much loved 525 and 535 mk1s

Forgive me gents - I've been talking sheeeite! It is exactly the same handle as on a TLD15 - I'd measured it up against the wrong reel o_O:rolleyes::geek:
So I'm sorted now I've ordered one from Felindre on flea bay. What a nob eh!

Back