• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Hayling bay today

Eastfield72

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Fished hayling bay today , bit of a easterly for most of the day but calmed of nicely as I got back in typically , nice mixed bag of rays, hounds, bass , dogs and few mackerel on a sleeper rod , nothing particularly big but enjoyable day out n was surprised to see the hounds n mackerel still showing.

Fished hayling bay today , bit of a easterly for most of the day but calmed of nicely as I got back in typically , nice mixed bag of rays, hounds, bass , dogs and few mackerel on a sleeper rod , nothing particularly big but enjoyable day out n was surprised to see the hounds n mackerel still showing.
Well done mate, and that's encouraging to read, nice mixed bag mate

mackerel still about, water must be warm,hope to get out next weekend,stokes bay or dean tale bouy maybe.

mackerel still about, water must be warm,hope to get out next weekend,stokes bay or dean tale bouy maybe.
Mackerel were are bonus and handy to top up the bait freezer , never been a fan of dean tail as better areas nearby but good luck if you manage to get out ,

Nice days fishing, I have been tempted to fish Hayling Bay a few times, but I'm put off by the shallow depths, but there are clearly fish there, my mate fishes Church Rock quite often and nearly always catches something.

Nice days fishing, I have been tempted to fish Hayling Bay a few times, but I'm put off by the shallow depths, but there are clearly fish there, my mate fishes Church Rock quite often and nearly always catches something.
Wouldn't be put of by the depth as can fish really well at times , some good spots around the racing bouys, outer fairway and like you said hayling shoal where anything can show up ,

Back