• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Heavy lure/ shore jig rod recommendations please

fiveyardcast

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
I'm looking for a heavy spin/jig rod to match a 4000 sized reel, suitable for heavier metals, shads, cheb use, etc.
Think Neist Point, big pollock, wrasse etc

I used to use a Shimano Exage, 10ft, rated to 3oz, and it doubled as a lighter, estuary type bait rod when i wasn't in Scotland. I'd like something with a bit more finesse as that was handy but a bit agricultural.

9'6" plus, budget £200. Reel will be a 4000 with 26lb braid.

Thanks!

I use the centry graphex , that has been my altimate rod, bullet proof, loves heavy lures rated 40g , loves big sea, but nimble enough to chuck small lures, not sure of the price now but sure. Major craft , nano sea bass really good rod , and very light, good feel on light lures,

Nubela mates have them, X-ray how light , they love them , just to light for me.

Think diaiwa has some lovely rods.

I kind of lost touch really , but that century, wow it a prefect rod , not all rods cover all aspects of lure fishing but well happy with it casting weight , most important ..... It's British ??

I use the centry graphex , that has been my altimate rod, bullet proof, loves heavy lures rated 40g , loves big sea, but nimble enough to chuck small lures, not sure of the price now but sure. Major craft , nano sea bass really good rod , and very light, good feel on light lures,

Nubela mates have them, X-ray how light , they love them , just to light for me.

Think diaiwa has some lovely rods.

I kind of lost touch really , but that century, wow it a prefect rod , not all rods cover all aspects of lure fishing but well happy with it casting weight , most important ..... It's British ??
It's just a shame you didnt finish that review with: "And it's yours for £200"! ??

W
It's just a shame you didnt finish that review with: "And it's yours for £200"! ??
Wish I could have mate, lol. But got mine for £230 though a friend of a friend scheme lol. But so worth the money if you lifted the buget, I fish with a 4000 aero fx match, but trying the 4000 sustain at the moment with .17 mm spider wire and 20 lb savage gear shock leader.

Back