• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Here mishy...mishy...mishy!

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Couple more back to back sessions again this week with the first coming on Tuesday night. Firstly, a little prep work rigging a handful of shiny new Mishna sandeel lures for the night ahead.

From the particular mark I’d chosen 99% of the fish I’ve caught have fallen foul of this lure so I tend to carry a few pre-rigged and spare just incase ?

Not a huge amount to report but 30min into the ebb the Mishna gets smashed at close range, scrappy fish and puts up a spirited effort before landing. A smidge over 51cm and back she goes. ?

Chunky bugger, must be feeding well at the moment. I walk straight back out, cast and the Mishna gets nailed for a second time. Slightly smaller it just goes over the 50 before another quick pic and back.

Strangely, that’s it and no other interest whatsoever so I decided to head home and plan on a venue for Wednesday.

With the forecast last night not as nice I did contemplate not going but the draw of the previous evenings fishing was too much, bit the bullet and went anyway. ?

It didn’t seem too bad by the car but once down on the mark I was cursing the lying bar-steward that works on the BBC weather app....... 19MPH my arse! ? Anyway true to the previous nights form it was pretty quiet, the first take on the Mishna I thought I’d caught a snag initially until the snag pulled back. ?No measuring in the wind, just a quick pic and back in.

Again, within half a dozen casts I’d hooked up to number 2 for the night.

Despite giving it another hour after these two it was a case of deja vu and with the better part of the tide having past and the weather far from ideal I called it a night. So 15 sessions for the season and only 4 blanks so far we’re ticking away quite nicely ? though could be a return to the beach rods next week depending on tides/weather.

Tight lines. ????

Couple of good sessions there, well done.
Where do you get the Mishna eels from?

Cheers for that, I may get a few ordered, always hear people talk about them and rate the so well but I have yet to try them myself.

Cheers for that, I may get a few ordered, always hear people talk about them and rate the so well but I have yet to try them myself.

Very good lures, the whole range is good to be fair and all catch bass.

Back