• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Honda 2.2hp

Don't even go there!
I've got to do some repairs to a timber & metal framed garden storage box I built some years ago. Plywood lid needs removing & recovering, old bolts are rusty, so bought some Stainless ones to replace them. Put them on top of a cupboard next to the roll of new covering. They have vanished - can't find them anywhere, Wifey hasn't seem them so I must have moved them and haven't got a clue where. ??
That's as bad as me Tramps, brought some HF oil filters for my motorbike when they were on offer. When I went to service the bike I couldn't find the b things so ordered a couple more (one as a spare). After they arrived I decided to put them safe in the bottom of one of my baco tool boxes. Yep found the other ones safely stored in there. o_O

That's as bad as me Tramps, brought some HF oil filters for my motorbike when they were on offer. When I went to service the bike I couldn't find the b things so ordered a couple more (one as a spare). After they arrived I decided to put them safe in the bottom of one of my baco tool boxes. Yep found the other ones safely stored in there. o_O
Like you, just debating whether to order some more Stainless bolts. Could be cheaper than my time spent searching for the last lot!

Like you, just debating whether to order some more Stainless bolts. Could be cheaper than my time spent searching for the last lot!
I use bolt base via fleabay for s/s bolts/washer and locknuts. Mine are socket head for Allan keys although they do loads of stuff and very quick shipping.

Done that so many times that I decided to make a plan for my garage, where I would write a little note on when I had 'safely' stored something in that part of the garage. The first time that I wanted something that I knew I had spare of (heatproof oven bulbs) I went to look on my plan to find where I had put them, but couldn't find the bloody plan!

It turned up the day after I had bought new bulbs! I had taped it to the inside of my toolbox lid! (Not much good when I had put the lid down!) The most annoying thing was I must have looked at the plan hundreds of times when the toolbox was open, but just not mentally stored it in my brain as being there.

I use bolt base via fleabay for s/s bolts/washer and locknuts. Mine are socket head for Allan keys although they do loads of stuff and very quick shipping.
The eBay store I got the last lot from had doubled their price, so I ended up going to BoltBase. Good price, ordered yesterday midday, they were here this morning with Postie just after 10am. ?? Had to pop to Toolstation yesterday - neither they or Screwfix do the ones I wanted.

The eBay store I got the last lot from had doubled their price, so I ended up going to BoltBase. Good price, ordered yesterday midday, they were here this morning with Postie just after 10am. ?? Had to pop to Toolstation yesterday - neither they or Screwfix do the ones I wanted.
Tramps I have used BoltBase for a number of years (10+) and always found them to be a really great place and fast shipping. It does make a nice change when a supplier has great service. (y);)

Done that so many times that I decided to make a plan for my garage, where I would write a little note on when I had 'safely' stored something in that part of the garage. The first time that I wanted something that I knew I had spare of (heatproof oven bulbs) I went to look on my plan to find where I had put them, but couldn't find the bloody plan!

It turned up the day after I had bought new bulbs! I had taped it to the inside of my toolbox lid! (Not much good when I had put the lid down!) The most annoying thing was I must have looked at the plan hundreds of times when the toolbox was open, but just not mentally stored it in my brain as being there.
It all happens with age Kine :unsure:

Back