• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Hooks

Eddie t

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
what's everyone's go to hook mine are mustard vikings used to use sakumas but they kept on snapping when snagged not all
and these vikings have a bit give and bend out of snags. most of my fishing is all rock to mixed ground so find these hooks better.

Vikings, kamazan aberdeens or Varivas BMX depending on species, ground, conditions and bait size.
Circle hooks are generally from the Varivas range.

Depends what I am fishing for, normally Aberdeen style, but made buy f&r Kamazan and mustard ,

To be fair I don't worry about the hook to much , as long as it sharpe and not to easy to bend , I will use it. But more match the size to the fish I am targeting

Last edited:
I still have some Breakaway Spearspade and Spearpoint hooks. For worm baits I still like the Spear-spade even though I do not like tying them!

So much choice now, but when Breakaway first marketed those hooks they were streets ahead of the competition.

Breakaway still have some advertised, I wonder if they are left-over stock from the original British made Partridge hooks?

Drennen size 14 barbless, for LRF stuff, Kamasan B940 size 4 for most of my beach stuff.

I never realised different type hooks can vary so much in size. I was looking at a tackle shop Pennel rig yeserday, and the guy said both hooks were3/0, but the top hook was half the size of the main hook. Top hook was a circle, main hook looked standard but I don't know what variety. I ordered some 3/0 Mustad ringed Chinu hooks online, and they look more like a size 1 - half as big as I expected them to be.

Back