• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Hope i find my mojo

Join the club dude. feeding wyting at the point does not do it for me. it is a struggle to get that need back.
Tell me about it.
John Smith had a sizeable codling in the last DAA match, don't think I have ever been so pleased to see one, even if it was a tiddler!

I've not been out since I came back from Scotland in August. Good tides this weekend for the first codling in the river but it's hard work in the mud

Got on the humber with some light left, 6 casts then thought I wait for the tide to start.
8.15pm I thought sod it for some reason the tide wasn't moving so I drove home?.
A failed mission and definitely lost the mojo.

as discussed on the phone friday night

my mojo fooked off as well

6 whiting
lost 6 sets of gear
emptied 3 reels of line n leader
stopped for speeding and not wearing a seat belt
AND spilt a fkin thick shake all over the carpets in the front of the van!!!!

i even moved 3 x times along the beach to avoid the clays
was fine over low and an hr up, must have been casting over them, but as soon as the tide started, every chuck a snag, regardless on where i was on the beach.
and it was the opposite to you, tide pushed like fook, weed came on and 2 1/2 hrs before hi decided fook it!
the way the tide was, i would have ended up on the tops, and for a pi55y small tide, that was ridiculous!

as discussed on the phone friday night

my mojo fooked off as well

6 whiting
lost 6 sets of gear
emptied 3 reels of line n leader
stopped for speeding and not wearing a seat belt
AND silit a fkin thick shake all over the carpets in the front of the van!!!!

i even moved 3 x times along the beach to avoid the clays
was fine over low and an hr up, must have been casting over them, but as soon as the tide started, every chuck a snag, regardless on where i was on the beach.
and it was the opposite to you, tide pushed like fook, weed came on and 2 1/2 hrs before hi decided fook it!
the way the tide was, i would have ended up on the tops, and for a pi55y small tide, that was ridiculous!
That's s tough session wow

That's s tough session wow

considering it was meant to be a nice simple first cod attempt of the year, at a location i know very well, clean beach, not too snaggy etc etc

last set of storms seems to have cleared the sand completly from below the low water mark, leaving fook all but clay ridges and gulleys all along the mark
started 50-70 m left of the get down, and finished a good 300m to the right of the get down
all along was the same story

considering it was meant to be a nice simple first cod attempt of the year, at a location i know very well, clean beach, not too snaggy etc etc

last set of storms seems to have cleared the sand completly from below the low water mark, leaving fook all but clay ridges and gulleys all along the mark
started 50-70 m left of the get down, and finished a good 300m to the right of the get down
all along was the same story
Wow, must have had one hell of a battering. Hope in time the sand will reform again

Our coast changes each tide,me and kris (x525) have fished a beach nice and clean and the tide snag city.
Every time you go its different
Wow, that's a tough one, I never experienced anything like that before, no sand where I fish, just mud, and some parts dangerously deep.

Our coast changes each tide,me and kris (x525) have fished a beach nice and clean and the tide snag city.
Every time you go its different

and will do again at the weekend

respooled all reels, another 20 pullys made up
box repaired
rod rest repaired

sworn no mcds!!! in the van again
finest n freshest frozen blacks n PROPER sized squid itching and raring to go

sligh n/e breeze, 2--3 ft swell on a dying sea with hi at 6am is sat morning?
2 marks in mind ;)

friday overnight seems just about right :)

and will do again at the weekend

respooled all reels, another 20 pullys made up
box repaired
rod rest repaired

sworn no mcds!!! in the van again
finest n freshest frozen blacks n PROPER sized squid itching and raring to go

sligh n/e breeze, 2--3 ft swell on a dying sea with hi at 6am is sat morning?
2 marks in mind ;)

friday overnight seems just about right :)
That's we prepared and wish you very tight lines mate

Wow, that's a tough one, I never experienced anything like that before, no sand where I fish, just mud, and some parts dangerously deep.
Big tides this weekend, so the shallow beaches be a waste of time as soon as the lead hit the bottom it will be back on the beach b4 u put the rod on the tripod.
The humber is a possibility but wont get that much fishing time as the tide will go like a train.
North of the humber there wont b many places to fish as it will be up to the cliffs.
Looks like a weekend drinking larger ?

Big tides this weekend, so the shallow beaches be a waste of time as soon as the lead hit the bottom it will be back on the beach b4 u put the rod on the tripod.
The humber is a possibility but wont get that much fishing time as the tide will go like a train.
North of the humber there wont b many places to fish as it will be up to the cliffs.
Sounds like a weekend of drinking larger , those are massive sting tides, no wonder people get caught out.

Who ever planted trees there was not thinking about angler's lol,

Wow mate that is nuts, fossil forest
I think they are about 8000 years old. A lot of the time they are covered with sand. Victims of global warming and rising sea levels

I think they are about 8000 years old. A lot of the time they are covered with sand. Victims of global warming and rising sea levels
Such an amazing sight, to think that lived 8000 years ago, just blows the mind. I love rock or gem hunting, As a family when younger, so always looking at the beaches and cliffs to try and read there story on how they where formed

oh ye of little faith

possible to do both you know ;);););););)

Back