• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

How far?

Redneck Dek

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Are you allowed to travel to go fishing during lockdown lite?
It’s a 45 minute drive for me to northeast or Yorkshire marks,I can’t make head nor tail of what is and isn’t allowed.
Anyone know?

It’s a 45 minute drive for me to northeast or Yorkshire marks,I can’t make head nor tail of what is and isn’t allowed.
Anyone know?
Clarification is due to be issued early tomorrow morning on fishing, according to my local MP, who is also an angler by the way.

Clarification is due to be issued early tomorrow morning on fishing, according to my local MP, who is also an angler by the way.
Is that local to you or for all of us in England mate?

Would imagine it will be local, no cross county travel maybe , ......... But there again how many county's to I travel across to get too work In London

Is that local to you or for all of us in England mate?
The clarification is going to be issued by the government and will apply across all of England. the rest of the UK is covered by the devolved administrations and they will no doubt want to do something different from England, just so they can say they are making the decisions!

The clarification is going to be issued by the government and will apply across all of England. the rest of the UK is covered by the devolved administrations and they will no doubt want to do something different from England, just so they can say they are making the decisions!
Ok bud thanks?

I got nicked on the last lockdown, two days before Boris eased restrictions. I went fishing forty mins distance from home on my loaded up scooter. Cops said it was too far. I got away from them on my way to the mark, but got clobbered on the way home. A bag chocker with Mackerel and Pollack made it worthwhile though. I didn't meet a soul all afternoon as I fished well off the beaten track, so I was discreet and safe. Cops said rules were rules. Fair enough.

I got nicked on the last lockdown, two days before Boris eased restrictions. I went fishing forty mins distance from home on my loaded up scooter. Cops said it was too far. I got away from them on my way to the mark, but got clobbered on the way home. A bag chocker with Mackerel and Pollack made it worthwhile though. I didn't meet a soul all afternoon as I fished well off the beaten track, so I was discreet and safe. Cops said rules were rules. Fair enough.
I remember reading about it mate???

Did you get a ticket for it or just a ticking off?

Nah, I got a ticket. Thing that got the plods attention was that I went speeding past them whilst they were parked up out of my sight, probably tucking into a KFC. They couldn't catch me to get me on their dashcam for evidence, so they pressed home the covid law instead. I ditched the rod in a hedge as I turned into my drive, but the bag of fish let me down. The fine was £60. If I paid up within 15 days it dropped to £30. Figured this was far better deal than speeding points on my licence plus hefty fine. I almost got away with it as I was just about to close my garage door when they drove up with their lights illuminating my neighborhood. It was all I could do to stifle my laughter, they even videoed my ticking off.

Nah, I got a ticket. Thing that got the plods attention was that I went speeding past them whilst they were parked up out of my sight, probably tucking into a KFC. They couldn't catch me to get me on their dashcam for evidence, so they pressed home the covid law instead. I ditched the rod in a hedge as I turned into my drive, but the bag of fish let me down. The fine was £60. If I paid up within 15 days it dropped to £30. Figured this was far better deal than speeding points on my licence plus hefty fine. I almost got away with it as I was just about to close my garage door when they drove up with their lights illuminating my neighborhood. It was all I could do to stifle my laughter, they even videoed my ticking off.
You had the Beast Fettled ready to go now? head off ported power valves polished internals?Drop the clutch i mean twist the grip and it roars i mean purrs away. need some sliders on it fro when get it leant right over.

Will we see you on Road Wars at some point? ☺️☺️☺️

Been there and done it. I have been cut up so many times when out on my scoot. Surprisingly it's the older generation that are the culprits. I must admit that I enjoy putting my bike on it's stand, then walking over to their cars and ripping off their door mirrors.

Been there and done it. I have been cut up so many times when out on my scoot. Surprisingly it's the older generation that are the culprits. I must admit that I enjoy putting my bike on it's stand, then walking over to their cars and ripping off their door mirrors.
I see enough around here shouldn’t be in charge of a Zimmer frame, let alone a car, so not surprised ???

Anyone know?

Looking at the rules published today, the government have chosen not to make distance a legal requirement, so yes, it would seem that a 45min journey for recreation is acceptable ...............

Right, straight from the horse's mouth, (or from a bloke that sits quite close to the horse in parliament anyway) is the news that fishing during lockdown is fine as long as you follow certain rules.

1. You can only fish with members of your household or support bubble, or if you are on your own, then you can fish with one other person from another household, but must travel to the venue separately.

2. You should use common sense in how far you travel to fish. This afternoon's vote in Parliament to bring lockdown into law is not going to include any restrictions on travel distance, but it is 'strongly advised' that you stay local as much as possible to take your outdoor leisure time.
(In other words, don't be a prat and travel 200 miles to go fishing if there is somewhere just down the road.)

Back