• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

How many

Redneck Dek

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Of you carry a first aid kit when fishing?
Lots of sharp things like knives,hooks,rocks and all other manner of other things.
I keep one in the big bag,one in the daysack and a small one man in my coat.
Luckily I’ve only needed what you can fix with a bit of insulation tape.
Anyone else carry one?A1D52C31-12B7-4843-B6E4-FC8F4601C3EB.jpeg

No but I have thought about it before and there's been times when I could have done with one but I've not got around to sorting one. So I'm glad you have brought this up. A good little job for lock down while I can't fish (y)

I never have carried anything but I ought to. I went back to a rock mark a couple years ago on a low spring tide looking for a lure I had lost the day before. Found the lure but slipped over on the rocks in shorts, and badly grazed my leg from ankle to knee. Because I'm on blood thinning meds, it was bleeding like a stuck pig. I managed to get back to the car where I had a large roll of kitchen paper so cleaned it up. Thinking it through though, since I wasn't actually fishing, if I had had First Aid gear in my fishing tackle, I wouldn't have been carrying it that day.

Good point, on boat yes, in car yes but should do on shore fishing sessions. I’m going to try better this year. ?

I always have one in my fishing backpack, wouldn't go without it, not needed it so far but you never know when you might.
It's the same as a lifejackets, it's better to have it and not need it that not have it and need it.

Never had an injury fishing and certainly never carry anything in case of one.
Just dip your hand into the sea if you do!

Of you carry a first aid kit when fishing?
Lots of sharp things like knives,hooks,rocks and all other manner of other things.
I keep one in the big bag,one in the daysack and a small one man in my coat.
Luckily I’ve only needed what you can fix with a bit of insulation tape.
Anyone else carry one?View attachment 4435
I've carried one on the boat ever since cuting my hand badly on a bait knife while 7 miles out to sea. Wrapped my hand in a dirty, fishy rag and dripped blood over the boat all the way home. PH

Back