• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

How many

I've carried one on the boat ever since cuting my hand badly on a bait knife while 7 miles out to sea. Wrapped my hand in a dirty, fishy rag and dripped blood over the boat all the way home. PH
Bad one, the fishing is usually good out by the Eddystone Lighthouse.

If it was our boat you’d have been made to stand there dripping blood in the water to attract sharks (I must get new mates ?)

I have a small jiffy bag with plasters, a couple of little bandages and one of those thermal wrap things in my fishing bag but then I also have a pretty good First Aid bag in the back of the car for when it's more of an open heart surgery job! Got a few steri strips too, just in case.

I have a small jiffy bag with plasters, a couple of little bandages and one of those thermal wrap things in my fishing bag but then I also have a pretty good First Aid bag in the back of the car for when it's more of an open heart surgery job! Got a few steri strips too, just in case.
I’m impressed. I just tend to take care. Seriously yes, should get some stuff in my bag.

Bad one, the fishing is usually good out by the Eddystone Lighthouse.

If it was our boat you’d have been made to stand there dripping blood in the water to attract sharks (I must get new mates ?)
Sorry very bad form to quote myself, but there was an occasion when the sub-aqua club were diving in the Red Sea. When we were getting ready to do the highlight of the holiday trip - the Shark dive, one of the girls in the group refused to join the dive and stayed in boat. It took a while for the penny to drop as to why.

Cracking reactions lads?
Some do,
Some don’t,
I’m pleased I’ve got some of you to consider it.
It can be a dodgy old thing to do,Sea fishing.
Even if it’s not you.......?
I must say thought wire cutting long nose pliers,manky snot rag and insulation tape is the staple 1st aid kit.???

Cracking reactions lads?
Some do,
Some don’t,
I’m pleased I’ve got some of you to consider it.
It can be a dodgy old thing to do,Sea fishing.
Even if it’s not you.......?
I must say thought wire cutting long nose pliers,manky snot rag and insulation tape is the staple 1st aid kit.???
I don't think we are ever to old to learn Dek. (y)

Always in the car and on the boat but a little one as described by others in this thread would a good idea. Up 'til now when shore fishing, just a packet of tissues for when I blub my eyes out if I lose a fish :)

ps, good post as first aid kit extra important right now. I wouldn't want to go near a hospital at the mo', unless a limb was hanging off.

Last edited:
I take a small kit when I go fishing or riding motorbike, married to an SRN called RGN nowadays, so it's her who must be obeyed.

Mind you, she has to have Aortic heart valve replaced within the next couple of months at Barts Hospital, London

Always have some sticking plasters, a couple of folded sheets of kitchen roll, antiseptic wipes, insulation tape and a few Anadin tabs.
Last used before Christmas when pike fishing, managed to get a size 6 treble well lodged in my finger. I yanked it out with my Leatherman, cleaned up the bloody hole it left,with the kitchen roll, wiped all around with the atiseptic wipes , applied a couple of sticking plasters, covered the lot with a few wraps of insulation tape to keep the muck out , rebaited and got on with the fishing.

I have carried a kit as above for many years, it has been used quite regularly either on mysef or fishing mates .

Dave

the boat has a good first aid kit so i could sort something bad out , my shore kit few plasters and roll of tape i find i do net bleed much and pulling hook out me hand not bad last year .

Since Covid has been around I have also included a small container of hand sanitizer in my bag too, but it has made me realise that it is something that I should keep in there all of the time. I have also added two emergency glow sticks to my bag after reading this thread. as I often fish at night alone. You never know, one day it just might come in handy.

Back