• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

How’s the sport? North Wales shore!

StaffsAngler

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Good evening Anglers, I have been some what out of the loop with the North Wales angling scene now for a couple of year due to covid and work commitments, but I’m finally back here on a rainy Welsh evening to kick off a week long holiday, hopefully with lots of fishing in and around the Criccieth, Pwllheli and Nefyn areas.

My local contacts and angling friends have all said the same thing, “ The fishing is hard this year”, wondering what you all think? I’m hoping that after the recent spring tides that it may have freshened the sport a little! I’m hearing the unfortunate news that Mackerel havnt made the shore this year? Has anyone seen otherwise? I’m here with the wife so I can’t commit my usual countless hours to the cause so I’m atleast trying to gauge the potential, all be it hard to do when we choose such an unpredictable genre of fishing! any info or experiences would be greatly appreciated! Tight lines guys!

Welcome, not sure of around there but earlier on (4 weeks ago) not a great deal happening across the bay from criccieth

I fished Nefyn and morfa nefyn this last week and it was hard fishing mate.I had a few smoothie pups and my mate had a couple of nice whiting, but nothing like it can fish.

Welcome to TSF mate. (y)

Ian.

Back