• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Innerline rods

Well found Tramps, I just searched for Daiwa.
Somebody locally has a Penn 15ft Powerstix rod for sale, (too expensive) so I was having another trawl of eBay for similar, and the boat rods cropped up.

Only used one once with a baitcaster reel on a friends boat in Scotland trolling for pollack.
Seemed a nice set up and caught plenty.
Never seen one since.

It's a good idea, in principle at least, 1st marketed by Daiwa decades ago. Has its limitations for distance casting of course. IIRC the blurb talked of an internal spiral line guide? But the concept doesn't seem to have caught on that well here at least, and I do wonder how long the inner blank can be protected from the likes of super thin braids under heavy loads? When they 1st appeared I bought a pair of 3lb TC 12ft specimen rods for twart trolling on lochs for ferrox with the anti tangle advantage of having no guides in mind. They served me well but to be fair they dont get used often these days as I rarely get to fish those wild beautiful waters anymore, mores the pity. A few years ago I found a 2.25lb TC model gathering dust in the rack of a tackle shop and haggled hard for it, this has been great for fishing through heavy cover, under trees etc with heavy mono for the likes of pike, barbel, big river carp and even the odd salmon. I also bought a used interline beachcaster on a whim but I've never even cast it - I'm a bit of a tackle hoarder at heart....aren't we all? I'd like to try the boat rods....

Back