• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Ist outing

Tope Smoker

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Well folks, got talking to my mate and co owner of boat this evening and weather permitting our first outing will be next weekend (11th 12th). So looking forward to getting into some decent fishing. We will probably head out of Ballycastle on the north coast and head over to Rathlin island (5 mile north) and fish over the numourous wrecks and probably start off targeting pollack and collies. One wreck in particular (new to us) is supposed to be full of good size collies, another fellow i know who has his own boat said anytime he fished it his fishfinder screen was black with the large shoals of collies, i hope he is right lol. Hopefully i,ll have some good pics to show on here

Good luck & tight lines Topey - look forward to a great report! ? ?(y)(y)

Well folks we finally got her launched today. SW 10km/h so suited Ballycastle perfect, north coast. We headed over to Rathlin 5 mile north and wee boat performed perfect. Took us bout 15 minutes because of swell running so we couldnt open her up full. Plenty mackeral about ( took bout 50 for bait and chum) but nothing else about. Shes tied up in marina tonight and tomorrow night so weather permitting we,ll be out tomorrow and saturday.

Attachments

• 20220623_161301.jpg
    20220623_161301.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220623_161429.jpg
    20220623_161429.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220623_182044.jpg
    20220623_182044.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 21
Great looking boat! Tight lines for the future. ??

Cheers pal. Hopefully good days ahead. Would help if i could work fish finder lol
Have a look at the Fish locker workshop channel on YouTube. Sure he did a video on fish finders & sounders a while back. Away in France otherwise I would have dug you out a link.

Well folks we finally got her launched today. SW 10km/h so suited Ballycastle perfect, north coast. We headed over to Rathlin 5 mile north and wee boat performed perfect. Took us bout 15 minutes because of swell running so we couldnt open her up full. Plenty mackeral about ( took bout 50 for bait and chum) but nothing else about. Shes tied up in marina tonight and tomorrow night so weather permitting we,ll be out tomorrow and saturday.
Nice one, looking good!

Nice boat!!!! What make?
Sorry pal just back on tonight. Boat is a 19ft redbay fastfisher, bout year 2000. Good strong stable sea boat, we bought it in december and are well pleased with it. The weather is terrible. We actually took her back out of marina on friday. Surely weather will pick up soon

Back