• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

I’ve been a naughty, naughty boy…….

A decent rod makes a big difference much faster recovery is great. Normally lighter and better balanced which makes fishing easier. Watch you don’t get anything too stiff, some rods struggletocast the lowest quoted weight without a really long drop
I was going to get a Savage Gear SGS5 that Mr Gilbey raves about (as he would). Choice of 6-35g or 12-42g…..I had decided on the latter

I was going to get a Savage Gear SGS5 that Mr Gilbey raves about (as he would). Choice of 6-35g or 12-42g…..I had decided on the latter
Supposed to be nice rods for the money But I’d worry about it casting lighter lurs well sub 20g ones. I could be wrong though, there should be plenty of reviews out theremow

As I paid PayPal, Uttings didn’t take the money until they had the rod in stock. As it’s now been so long, the PayPal permission has lapsed so I would have had to ‘pay’ again before they would send it. Answers to comments..don’t know, no, no. Lol!
Just pop into PayPal and cancel the order - simples sergi ;):ROFLMAO:

Supposed to be nice rods for the money But I’d worry about it casting lighter lurs well sub 20g ones. I could be wrong though, there should be plenty of reviews out theremow
I used to have a savage gear up to 80gm casting weight travel rod, sold it as not getting used.

Several reviews on the 9-35g but as yet havnt found one on the 12-45 other than Henry telling me it’s the dogs…..

Several reviews on the 9-35g but as yet havnt found one on the 12-45 other than Henry telling me it’s the dogs…..
I found them overrated and over priced.

Henry waxes lyrical on all SG gear although to be fair it’s OK
I guess with his pennies invested he would!
I have no first hand knowledge but reading reviews the general opinion is for the money they stand up well against far more expensive rods.
Having now cancelled my order with Uttings I note Veals have them in stock . I suspect they will shift them pretty quickly as they are the cheapest on the internet so if I want one I will have to stop dithering.

I guess with his pennies invested he would!
I have no first hand knowledge but reading reviews the general opinion is for the money they stand up well against far more expensive rods.
Having now cancelled my order with Uttings I note Veals have them in stock . I suspect they will shift them pretty quickly as they are the cheapest on the internet so if I want one I will have to stop dithering.
This one?

I could get 3 of my Abu Garcia Terminator 9ft 20 - 60gms for the price of that & have change! All part of Pure Fishing now anyway.

Wonder where Mr Gilbey stands now Svendsen (parent of Savage Gear) have been taken over by Pure Fishing?

This one?

I could get 3 of my Abu Garcia Terminator 9ft 20 - 60gms for the price of that & have change! All part of Pure Fishing now anyway.

Wonder where Mr Gilbey stands now Svendsen (parent of Savage Gear) have been taken over by Pure Fishing?
Yep, that’s the one. I’m sure Mr Gilbey will be thinking the same thing…..

This one?

Just ordered from Veals. By far the best price on the internet and very good customer service if there is a problem. Should be here on Monday…

Just ordered from Veals. By far the best price on the internet and very good customer service if there is a problem. Should be here on Monday…
Veals is a good reliable company, shame the rod is overpriced and over here. Not Veals fault though.

Back