• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West Coast Kerry Bass fishing

Been 4 times without a bass but haven’t really tried lure fishing, is it mainly early morning and before dusk
I never had a fish before breakfast or after dinner, 80% of all fish caught were throughout the day, the guide made all the difference, i would say we could of fished a week on our own and not caught a fish, the guide knew exactly where to go for different states of the tide throughout the day, even to the point he put us in middle of a surf beach casting lures into the surf and fish were caught around 4pm in the afternoon.

I never had a fish before breakfast or after dinner, 80% of all fish caught were throughout the day, the guide made all the difference, i would say we could of fished a week on our own and not caught a fish, the guide knew exactly where to go for different states of the tide throughout the day, even to the point he put us in middle of a surf beach casting lures into the surf and fish were caught around 4pm in the afternoon.
Are there any type of lures you would recommend?

Are there any type of lures you would recommend?
I tried all sorts but the ones we caught the most on were savage gear seekers, savage gear pencil prey in white and osp dolive stick. the pencil prey worked really well, it casts like a bullet and works well in the surface.

I tried all sorts but the ones we caught the most on were savage gear seekers, savage gear pencil prey in white and osp dolive stick. the pencil prey worked really well, it casts like a bullet and works well in the surface.
Thanks for the advice you have given me some optimism for the holiday

Fished Inch Strand on the way back from Dingle.Not even a nibble.Could have done with a guide.Did see the Dolphin in Dingle Bay.Fungie think it was called.This was a few years ago.Not been seen for a while.Possibly past his live by date.

Last edited:
Back