• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Last few sessions - dog round up!

Goateeblank

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Since catching this years brill for my hunt and then my first squid from Boscombe Pier, I have been trying for rays and hoping for a stray codling!

All venues, either all out ray baits, mackie, squid, herring, worms, etc or plus a scratching rod, small hooks with worms/worms tipped with squid or slivers of fish.

No pictures of dogs were taken for this report!

17/11/21. Pagham. Fished the tide up at night. It is not worth getting there too early as not much water.
Dogs, bass and a small whiting. The beach was pretty smashed up since I was there recently. Motorway shut on the way home which was a real pain!
20211202_085153.jpg
19/11/21. Lepe deeps. Fished over low and up a bit. Night session.
Dogs, lots of dogs and smoothie pups. Fished with @DJDBazzer who had lots of dogs and a few whiting I think. Decent evening and good to catch up and plan some over nighters which the 60mph plus winds put paid to! Packed "light" so the walk there and back was pretty good. Good catch up with Bazzer.

23/11/21. Shore Road, Hythe. Fished the tide up. Day session. Got there a bit early and had to wait for the water to come.
Chris Clarke posted he had 3 flounder the day before, so thought I would have a go. Had this years first flounder there by 10.30 on New Years Day!
Only had a tiny bass on a size 12 hook looking for a sand goby on a light rod. Tried all the usual tricks, ranging the rods moving and stopping the bait, etc. A guy fishing to my right came over for a chat as he recognised me from when I used to report on that other forum! He is now new member @AF1967 . Good to see you mate and welcome. I understand he and the next guy along blanked.

25/11/21. Hurst shingle bank. Fished the ebb as usual and into the dark. Only one other guy fishing to my left.
Dogs, lots of dogs, plus a few more dogs and a few pin whiting. Busy session (on the dogs) and not too cold (as the bank behind was holding the worst of the wind) considering the minus temps. Packed up in time to drive home and try a new kebab van at Totton football ground. Very nice after a cold session!
20211125_145359.jpg
20211125_160653.jpg
29/11/21. Boscombe Pier.
Blank! Not a sausage, even on small hooks. No squid nothing! Not even a dog or smoothie pup. Spent all night nattering with Haddock. Much warmer as well as wind shifted to the West - for a few hours anyway.

I don't know why it is so quiet, and it certainly seems to be locally, looking at reports on different pages. The water is pretty flat with these North Westerly winds, which should suit some species, and it has definitely got much colder.

Just got to keep at it!

Good luck if you are out guys.

Nice round up and pics Keith, (y) (y), shame you not hit your quarry from all them attempts, has gone a bit quiet and this time of year is all ways hard on species hunters trying for a last few points, still time tho.

Great round up mate, you're certainly putting in the effort on your quest. ?

Some great reports there ?

Nice round up and pics Keith, (y) (y), shame you not hit your quarry from all them attempts, has gone a bit quiet and this time of year is all ways hard on species hunters trying for a last few points, still time tho.
Not much time though!

Back