• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Last Night.........Dropped 3, Landed 1

Mukiwa

Reaction score
image.jpegGood evening guys,

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions of hope. :John Buchan.

And hope is all I had, with strong winds blowing from the west, driving rain and very murky water. Air pressure to low, and moon to show later. This season was going test me.
image.jpeg
Hamble spit is the mark, low water at 19:19, 1.2 meter tide, so I had some time before I was cut off.

On first glance the , this mark has changed, weather it's from the on slaught of oyster and cockle picker, but there are gullies that are forming, the bank itself has changed since I fished it a year ago, the first part has moved a good 20 yards into the hamble.

Well, I normally start at the closest side to the main land, working the water to the end and return. This time I went straight to the end of the spit to where there is a lovely reef.
image.png
Casting was not to bad , as the bank protected me from the on slaught of gusts, I was happy, rod in had, wading deep.

As night drew in , my sences changed as my eyes adjusted, hearing tuned in for any movement , hands feeling every bump or tug. With wind blowing the braid in a bow, it did make it hard to feel any takes , as I found when I caught up with my lure, had a 100 th of a second to set s hook, but sadly not to be. Finding two more fish in the same manner, I wondered if I was going to blank at this rate.

Tide was on the flood, and new time was fast running out, and seeing the change of the bank , I didn't want to push to hard and get cut off, so last cast as I would then work my way back. Slow retieve ...... Very slow, senced a small bump, then out of no where my braid tightened and this bass torpedoed out of the water 20 yards in fromt of me, Wooow as it pulls line, landing a lovely fish, photo and released. image.jpeg

Working back to the starting point, I was happy , one fish ...., hard fishing , but it fought well. I called it a night as the next morning I had to be back in London.

Thank you for reading and tight lines of your out.

Cheers

Mukiwa
image.jpeg

Loving the artistry of your report and photography especially, the composition of the algae is wonderful
Thank you mate, it's one thing I thought I would never enjoy, but writing reports , puts a final touch to a lovely session, even if I blank.

It's what's around us that also makes the story, like last night , I forgot to put it in, but I had a fox visit me, on the spit, he followed me , and lay near me will I fished the last casts, then followed me to the car, never going further than twenty feet away. The walk to the car was about 400 meter I guess

Nice report, nice pics and a Bass to boot, cant be bad, well done(y)(y)

View attachment 132Good evening guys,

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions of hope. :John Buchan.

And hope is all I had, with strong winds blowing from the west, driving rain and very murky water. Air pressure to low, and moon to show later. This season was going test me.
View attachment 127
Hamble spit is the mark, low water at 19:19, 1.2 meter tide, so I had some time before I was cut off.

On first glance the , this mark has changed, weather it's from the on slaught of oyster and cockle picker, but there are gullies that are forming, the bank itself has changed since I fished it a year ago, the first part has moved a good 20 yards into the hamble.

Well, I normally start at the closest side to the main land, working the water to the end and return. This time I went straight to the end of the spit to where there is a lovely reef.
View attachment 128
Casting was not to bad , as the bank protected me from the on slaught of gusts, I was happy, rod in had, wading deep.

As night drew in , my sences changed as my eyes adjusted, hearing tuned in for any movement , hands feeling every bump or tug. With wind blowing the braid in a bow, it did make it hard to feel any takes , as I found when I caught up with my lure, had a 100 th of a second to set s hook, but sadly not to be. Finding two more fish in the same manner, I wondered if I was going to blank at this rate.

Tide was on the flood, and new time was fast running out, and seeing the change of the bank , I didn't want to push to hard and get cut off, so last cast as I would then work my way back. Slow retieve ...... Very slow, senced a small bump, then out of no where my braid tightened and this bass torpedoed out of the water 20 yards in fromt of me, Wooow as it pulls line, landing a lovely fish, photo and released. View attachment 131

Working back to the starting point, I was happy , one fish ...., hard fishing , but it fought well. I called it a night as the next morning I had to be back in London.

Thank you for reading and tight lines of your out.

Cheers

Mukiwa
View attachment 130
Now I am no longer fishing I greatly miss writing reports. Always wondering how I could dramatize a trivial incident was one of the best parts. There were never many fish to report.

Now I am no longer fishing I greatly miss writing reports. Always wondering how I could dramatize a trivial incident was one of the best parts. There were never many fish to report.
Thank you mate, shame that your no longer fishing, but yes the reports are a good way to finish a session, making something out of not very much is good, but if it encorages people to get out there, no matter what the conditions are like, and informs them of what's possible and what you experience , then I am well happy .

Back