• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Lets see your boats

Cascars

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
As the title says, lets see some pictures of the main lady in your life, clean ones only please. Tell us a bit about yourself and her, where you fish, memorable catches, what your dream catch would be, and anything else of interest.
My boat is Sea Mistress II, based in Brighton. I am 60 years young and she is about the 8th boat I have owned. I started sea fishing 56 years ago at Dungeness with my dad and uncle when it was alive with big cod in the mid 60's. Even I with my Penn Sea Boy reel and 8ft solid glass rod could cast far enough to catch them!
I was a regular boat angler by the time I was 10 and have had too many memorable catches to list, but have had Yellowfin Tuna to 80lb in Mexico, conger to similar weight, Black tip sharks in the caribbean, a Bass off Eastbourne pier in the early 80's that was estimated by dozens of anglers there to be at least 20lb before some f**kwit took the name of a drop net too literally and broke my line trying to land it, and a cracking Cobia last year in Florida.
I would love to catch a BFT, having seen them in Ireland and off Brighton.

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P1000038.JPG
    P1000038.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • P1000039.JPG
    P1000039.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • P1000040.JPG
    P1000040.JPG
    377.1 KB · Views: 16
  • P1000041.JPG
    P1000041.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
This is my little boat.
A Robalo R180, pushed along by a Yamaha 150.

Gets me out to the shipping lanes pretty quickly, where I prefer to spend my time slow-jigging the wrecks.

Attachments

• D01C01C1-FD2B-4738-A3BF-3B4F6772FF54.jpeg
    D01C01C1-FD2B-4738-A3BF-3B4F6772FF54.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 11
This is our club boat Oystercat which is for exclusive use by members of Mumbles Motor Boat & Fishing Club. http://www.mmbfc.uk/

Based in Swansea Marina, it is a Blyth 33 Workcat fitted with twin Iveco 330hp diesel engines, and will cruise at 21 knots.
We mainly fish in the Swansea & Gower area, but will range as far as Lundy Island and Minehead when weather permits.

1601912313361.png

I've recently been working on plans to build a new fishing boat (probably about 1 metre) but until then, this is all I've got!

Attachments

• Toy_boat.jpg
    Toy_boat.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 1
Beautiful boats, nice guys, but like Shirl, don't have one anymore,

Boats I did have didn't need a motor, and generally hated by angler's ??

355.JPG Here's mine..... 14 feet of slick plastic powered by 1 old fart.
Bit cumbersome for a wimp like me at times but i do love getting out on it in the Fal and SW. Home waters in Kent aren't bad but its a bit chocolatey. Am happy catching anything that swims but sometimes "being there" is just as good.

Last edited:
Now for something completely different... My first boat. This was once a fleetwind sailing dinghy. The picture is taken just before I took over half ownership and is taken at Dengemarsh, the nearest point a road went to the sea in 1965 and long before the shingle bank was built.
A Seagull Century+ actually used to propel the 12' craft around Dungeness point, and always bring us back again.
There was no spare engine, only a pair of oars if the motor should fail, but being a Seagull it never did.
In the interest of safety we sheathed it in fibreglass after hearing the sad story of someone with a similar craft having stamped on the head of a fractious conger: and sunk the boat.brianandbillfishinghires_zps6de0768b.jpg

Yes, the guy on the left is actually wearing a plastic Pack-a-Mac.

Last edited:
that's one serious fishing machine, very nice.
Thanks @britfish50, appreciated! She was delivered in early September and I've been working on her since then. New plotters, new deck pump, new wiring, new batteries, the list goes on... I'll be getting her bum wet tomorrow for the first time since her sea trial in Jersey. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve right now.

Thanks @britfish50, appreciated! She was delivered in early September and I've been working on her since then. New plotters, new deck pump, new wiring, new batteries, the list goes on... I'll be getting her bum wet tomorrow for the first time since her sea trial in Jersey. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve right now.
looking foreward to the report.

Back