• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Lets see your boats

I have a Navigator 3 400 series inflatable, haven't used it yet. It's "berthed" in it's bag over in the house in Argyll. No engine yet, looking for a really cheap 3•5hp outboard.

Nice boat Andy, Saw her in the water a week or so ago. nice to see who owns it. I'm based at the same marina in drystack too
Thanks @Scotch_Egg2012. Give me a wave next time or a shout on 16 (y). I'm new into the drystack so would be good to meet a few fellow owners.

What engine did you change to? And what was the reason for the change? Upgrade? Terminal failure? Felt the need for speed?

I stayed with a Mercury, put on the 115hp Pro XS, I had the 100hp in the picture but it was very noisy and set up a real bad resonance through the boat at cruise RPM. Wasn't problem at first until I had a Tee tube put in one of my ears and then the resonance really became a problem and I couldn't stand much time on the boat.

The 100hp was a little under powered for the 3 ahem large anglers that normally get on and I found myself in a situation of either upgrading to a larger boat or re-powering, Decided to re-power as I really like the boat, I recently fitted radar, new plotter etc

I can't believe the difference that 15hp made, the Pro XS has a remapped torque curve so better mid range grunt coupled to the CT gearbox which runs a bigger diameter prop. It has transformed the boat. Old engine 27kts new engine 31.4kts, 23kts cruise at a very nice 4300rpm and is much, much quieter, quicker plane time and more fuel efficient than the 100hp.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the old engine, was super reliable just servicing cost every year.

IMG_20200302_164409_resized_20201020_064751151.jpg

I built identical bait tables for my QS675, and thought they may last a winter, but 3 years later they are still as good as when I made them
Where did you source the nylon board in decent sizes?

I think I got it from Costco. Just bought the largest chopping boards they had
Thanks, the biggest I’ve seen is 600x400, I want a bigger one for cleaning fish on.

Back