• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Lets see your boats

I wou
My inshore boat "Whitewash" in Chichester Harbour. She is an Orkney 520- ideal for my area.
The other boat I use is an Offshore 150 - 33ft . gets me out to sea several miles

View attachment 5023
l'd love and could probably afford a nice wee boat BUT I cannae drive one and I could be wrong but I think you have to have some sort of license to drive a boat in France. Well not actually in France but in the sea if you know what I mean :ROFLMAO:

I wou

l'd love and could probably afford a nice wee boat BUT I cannae drive one and I could be wrong but I think you have to have some sort of license to drive a boat in France. Well not actually in France but in the sea if you know what I mean :ROFLMAO:
Something like that Orkney 520 would do me too, and I'd be willing to do the courses to learn how to 'Drive' it properly, but couldn't be doing with moorings/marinas, and nowhere to store it trailered at home.

Again I won't lie to you at 65 I start to think I am too old to start with things like boats and what not, I also thought kayak at one point. I have a lovely BMW GS1200 which sits in the garage nearly all the time now although I am thinking that if I got a 5 piece travel lure rod I could start using that for trips down fishing as I am sure it would fit in the top box. Are these travel rods any good it could be a great idea fishing and biking in the one day?

Buy a quality travel lure rod and they are superb just like multi section fly rods are these days. Cable tie a rod tube vertically to your frame/rear pegs/rear rack rather than strapping it crossways (think rear facing rocket launcher)?

Buy a quality travel lure rod and they are superb just like multi section fly rods are these days. Cable tie a rod tube vertically to your frame/rear pegs/rear rack rather than strapping it crossways (think rear facing rocket launcher)?
Well I have decided I won't be shooting this weekend so because I am not spending money on that I am about to buy a travel rod and a new reel to go with it... seems fair to me but the wife sort of scowled when I told her... maybe it was because I burst out laughing while telling her :ROFLMAO: I think I am going Daiwa for both I have always liked their gear although Dam and Savage gear is also an option at my price range I want to spend less than €150 - 175 ish the pair.

Back