• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Line cutters

Ianpick

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I've been struggling to find a decent line cutter since I broke my old pair of stainless steel nail trimmers.
I found these electricians scissors in a well known screw and fixings emporium, part number
96347. £15
I've tried them on a number of different thicknesses and they work really well. Nice and pointy for getting into tight spots behind knots etc.
They are a lot bigger than nail clippers so space may be an issue.
Nice bit of kit that will last me a long time.
Right handed only.

Attachments

• 16024184192736037380295308307876.jpg
    16024184192736037380295308307876.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 6
sound good mate, what the blades made of? reason i ask, mine also are on their last legs, and need replacing, but if they will rust then no good for me as i have a pair in each bag i use, so bait , fly and lure

Must admit I tend to just buy whatever stainless scissors are going for £2/3 at the local discount store, then use them to death and repeat.
current pair cost £3.99, lasting for years and get used for rigs, cutting up/off bait and fish gutting.

Mind you, those clippers look decent but I’d probably lose them! If I lose a pair of £3 scissors I don’t care too much!

Very nice....... last ones I bought were these, Taska ceramic blade identical to the Hpa ones only without the price tag. A5F69837-E3A2-411E-B61C-5155606C7B38.png

fiskars kitchen scissors with a bump in the blade, two pairs have lasted 25 years. orange handles and cut briad easily and you can cut the head and fins off a flattie is seconds.

sound good mate, what the blades made of? reason i ask, mine also are on their last legs, and need replacing, but if they will rust then no good for me as i have a pair in each bag i use, so bait , fly and lure
Scissors! run them along an oil/diamond stone etc ive some of those blue small pairs often on counter in tackle shops edge is rough looking ive filed flat with stone so sharp now some oil on pivot point try to get inside pin/hinge then lay on a hard surface then take a Hammer and whack hinge pin maybe few times till tightened up then will cut braid easily.

T
Scissors! run them along an oil/diamond stone etc ive some of those blue small pairs often on counter in tackle shops edge is rough looking ive filed flat with stone so sharp now some oil on pivot point try to get inside pin/hinge then lay on a hard surface then take a Hammer and whack hinge pin maybe few times till tightened up then will cut braid easily.
hank you for the info mate, I shall give that a go. Sound like it will work well and save a few £££

Back