• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Local Fishing in the BC

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
hows everyone doing? , fished local for 5 days and literally nothing to show. , whats going on?65ED801B-98F7-4885-AF5D-C012F7DD255A.jpeg

Attachments

• E81ACDA3-BA72-4310-AA45-C8D707631860.jpeg
    E81ACDA3-BA72-4310-AA45-C8D707631860.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
My mate had a nice eater sole at 1lb 7oz, a just under 2lb bass, 8lb+ thorny and a strap the other week from Clevedon when we went out, all I had was a couple of smaller rays! The channel hasn't been kind to me this year, my mate has done well though. Then again I've not fished much, whereas my mate gets out fishing of some description around 5-7 days a week (jammy b*stard!).

The channel is a big place! Always somewhere that's going to produce fish. Numbers of hounds about on the usual marks, poor size though average 8-9lb. Not been able to get on my sole marks due to a combination of wrong tides, poor weather. Next week looks perfect but no time. Lots of bass about, plenty of 2 to 3lb fish. The problem is many marks die a death in hot weather, especially with little wind as well. Even though the water is coloured, I stick to early and late tides. Especially if you are after hounds, always better on evening tides. I've been out twice in the last week for 6 hounds and a couple of dropped fish, only 2 doubles though, and not big doubles either. So there are a few fish about.....

Blimey, nothing at all mate?

Would have thought after dark for sole now? Or hounds off the reefs?
Literally nothing mate. , I’m going to try a reef mark the weekend I have a roving match on Sunday with random pairs so I’m hoping my partner will be up for fishing the reefs , get a few hounds and some rays should be on to a winner !

My mate had a nice eater sole at 1lb 7oz, a just under 2lb bass, 8lb+ thorny and a strap the other week from Clevedon when we went out, all I had was a couple of smaller rays! The channel hasn't been kind to me this year, my mate has done well though. Then again I've not fished much, whereas my mate gets out fishing of some description around 5-7 days a week (jammy b*stard!).
Tidy session that! , yeah I wish I could do it again it’s only because we was waiting for drawings in work , back to the 14hr days now ?

The channel is a big place! Always somewhere that's going to produce fish. Numbers of hounds about on the usual marks, poor size though average 8-9lb. Not been able to get on my sole marks due to a combination of wrong tides, poor weather. Next week looks perfect but no time. Lots of bass about, plenty of 2 to 3lb fish. The problem is many marks die a death in hot weather, especially with little wind as well. Even though the water is coloured, I stick to early and late tides. Especially if you are after hounds, always better on evening tides. I've been out twice in the last week for 6 hounds and a couple of dropped fish, only 2 doubles though, and not big doubles either. So there are a few fish about.....
Maybe it’s just me , just hitting the wrong marks at the wrong times ! , let’s hope for a better turn out Sunday ?

Back