• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Lockdown !

jambop

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Bloody lockdown the weather has been good here for the last week could not go though because of a bloomin 10km travel restriction and another three weeks still to go :mad:

Bloody lockdown the weather has been good here for the last week could not go though because of a bloomin 10km travel restriction and another three weeks still to go :mad:
That’s a complete arse chap

Macron is a twat who together with other EU leaders has tried to discredit a perfectly good vaccine simply because it was developed outside the EU. I live in France and love the place and the people but he makes me boak .
Inclined to agree with you chap but there’s no quick way out

Well lockdown is ending on May 3rd ... but the feck'in curfew is staying in place so although I will be able to get out fishing it is a must be home before 7pm day out :mad:

What is the logic behind a 7pm curfew?
Have they explained this to you?
Or given any reason.
What time are you allowed out in the morning?

What is the logic behind a 7pm curfew?
Have they explained this to you?
Or given any reason.
What time are you allowed out in the morning?
It's France, never known for any Logic!

In France? They make one glass of wine last all night ???
A few years ago now I went into a small , out of the way Post office/shop to get a freshwater license . The bloke behind the counter was a typically surly frenchman and muttered "Anglais?" more as an insult than a question. I said non, gallois. He changed instantly. Pulled out a grubby old Welsh rosette from somewhere under the counter and started saying "gareth edwards" Ah phil bennet" then produced a bottle of cal\/ados and a couple of glasses and we drank the lot in about 20 minutes whilst he filled the license out and we both randomly shouted out the names of welsh and Frencjh rugby players

A few years ago now I went into a small , out of the way Post office/shop to get a freshwater license . The bloke behind the counter was a typically surly frenchman and muttered "Anglais?" more as an insult than a question. I said non, gallois. He changed instantly. Pulled out a grubby old Welsh rosette from somewhere under the counter and started saying "gareth edwards" Ah phil bennet" then produced a bottle of cal\/ados and a couple of glasses and we drank the lot in about 20 minutes whilst he filled the license out and we both randomly shouted out the names of welsh and Frencjh rugby players
Lol, bet he’d only buy one glass of wine if he went out though ???

It’s not that French don’t drink a lot, just that they don’t do it as nights out like the English do.

I suppose if an English person had gone in, he could have toasted Crecy, Poitiers, Agincourt and Waterloo with them instead ???

Lol, bet he’d only buy one glass of wine if he went out though ???

It’s not that French don’t drink a lot, just that they don’t do it as nights out like the English do.

I suppose if an English person had gone in, he could have toasted Crecy, Poitiers, Agincourt and Waterloo with them instead ???
The difference in his manner when he found out that I wasn't english was quite dramatic. It happens a lot in France, so much so that my e\/en wife pretends to be Welsh. Stops them spitting in your onion soup

The difference in his manner when he found out that I wasn't english was quite dramatic. It happens a lot in France, so much so that my e\/en wife pretends to be Welsh. Stops them spitting in your onion soup
Ha yea, there’s a few like that! Found it a mixed bag tbh - some were quite friendly especially if you made an effort to speak french.
On the other hand we also had an elderly woman spit in the street and cross the road to avoid us.

Not my favourite race I must admit, but will try and take as I find in the first instance!

Ha yea, there’s a few like that! Found it a mixed bag tbh - some were quite friendly especially if you made an effort to speak french.
On the other hand we also had an elderly woman spit in the street and cross the road to avoid us.

Not my favourite race I must admit, but will try and take as I find in the first instance!
It goes for anywhere that. Always breaks the ice and goes down well. Please, thank you, all this sort of shit makes a world of difference

It goes for anywhere that. Always breaks the ice and goes down well. Please, thank you, all this sort of shit makes a world of difference
Agreed, doesn’t hurt to make the effort. Although I find in Norway they usually speak better English than me and become paralytic with laughter if I try and pronounce any Norwegian words ?

Agreed, doesn’t hurt to make the effort. Although I find in Norway they usually speak better English than me and become paralytic with laughter if I try and pronounce any Norwegian words ?
The same in the Netherlands. They ha\/e a bad habit of correcting your English as well

In France? They make one glass of wine last all night ???
Most of the Rural pubs don't bother to open much past 7pm! The Frenchies seem to go out and have a huge meal & plenty of Vin Rouge at lunchtimes. Most of them have 2hrs for lunch, and then have to work until 7pm to make up for it, by which time they've got the makings of a hangover from lunchtime! Our 'local' over there used to be good when the son of a local farmer ran it, but it changed hands a few years ago, prices doubled, and I don't think they even bother to open after teatime.

The locals around Brittany are very good compared to anywhere around Paris and south of there, partly because of the Celtic connection between Brittany & Cornwall. Though we did have some English idiot buy a house right beside the Church in our village, and then moaned about the bells from the church clock striking! I don't think he was there long before he sold up. Thing is, you get twots like that upsetting the locals, and it gives the rest of us a bad name.
The village where my mate Ron lives has a pub run by an English guy and his wife - they are very popular, especially as they sometimes have English food nights and the French locals like to try something different! He has a great Pool team too!

Most of the French people I have met have been very welcoming and friendly... I am Scottish not English and that does definitely make a difference. On the drinking thing it does depend on the occasion I know many French people who enjoy a good drink but it would be fair to say that unlike the Brits they do know when to stop :ROFLMAO:

Back