• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Luce Bay

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
A mate had been given a mark on Luce Bay to fish for bass, instructions were start at the yellow cottage and work along the shore not casting too far.

He had originally suggested, going on spec to fish a night tide. He is not the steadiest on his feet so I suggested we better do a bit of exploring on a daylight tide to get the lie of the land and a feel for the area before we venture out in darkness. Yesterday was high at 18.45pm so we set off in plenty of time to travel the near two hours and 80 miles to the mark to get a good look at low water and then fish it up.
On arrival the water was murky but as the tide rise that cleared although weed was a bit of a pain throughout.
Fished a range of lures and well, neither of us got a touch.
It was very bright, nw winds, smallish tide and possibly not the best conditions. Not bad underfoot either once the tide had reached the pebbles/boulders and come off the rocks and bladderwrack.
Found a rig with a small doggie attached to it barely alive, unhooked it and put it in the water for it to take its chances.
Highlight of the day was a brief swim past us by a dolphin.
Trial run 1 done and logged.

Good write up mate, best thing to do is learn marks and keep cracking on. I find it usually takes me a few sessions to start getting the best of a spot. Tides, weather conditions, it all makes a difference. Good luck on future sessions pal.

Good write up mate, best thing to do is learn marks and keep cracking on. I find it usually takes me a few sessions to start getting the best of a spot. Tides, weather conditions, it all makes a difference. Good luck on future sessions pal.
Yep probably wrong wind direction and way too bright.

Back