• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Lure fishing Hastings

ouchthathurt

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
How do,

I was wondering if there were any anglers lure fishing for bass around Hastings way? I keep meaning to get the lure gear out, but I can’t remember the last time I saw a bass angler specifically targeting them on lures. A few spinner chuckers after mackerel yes, but targeting bass on lures? Can’t remember seeing anyone! Is it just not practiced much this end of the country?

How do,

I was wondering if there were any anglers lure fishing for bass around Hastings way? I keep meaning to get the lure gear out, but I can’t remember the last time I saw a bass angler specifically targeting them on lures. A few spinner chuckers after mackerel yes, but targeting bass on lures? Can’t remember seeing anyone! Is it just not practiced much this end of the country?
Haha! You've got a great Bass Lure guy on your doorstep - Matt, Saltwater Angler! Matt's quite approachable & friendly if you wanna drop him an email. https://www.saltwaterangler.uk/

Really? Many thanks mate! I’ll check him out ?

I've been subscribed to Matt's Youtube channel for a couple of years, and if I post a comment on a video, he always replies and it often turns into a bit of chat & banter! He's a nice guy. He's based in Hastings but gets around a bit! He recently did a Bass lure fishing video down this way, and this is also interesting:

I’ll have to subscribe, then stalk him about town remorselessly hoping he reveals his secret local marks…

I know of a few spots, heading Eastbourne way and I know of a few big bass knocking around Rye harbour, found a large one dead on the shore there a few months back (I don’t think it came from a trawler down stream, i can’t see them discarding it) I’ve found a few bass marks by exploring the beach with the dog in tow, my best bass mark was found after walking it half a dozen times with the hound, scoping the ground. On my last exploratory trip, I found the heads and frames of several bass in a rock pool where an angler had filleted his catch before going home. I knew then that this was a mark worth trying.

Just watched a vid of his, he ended it by showing his comments page, on there was a comment from “trampster” ??
Might have been me! ???

Ive fished with lures around Eastbourne, Hastings and Brighton but it was a while ago, and before bass lure fishing became a 'thing'. I mostly got mackerel and scad. The problem i found - at places like Pevensey - was water clarity. Most of the time i just felt more confident with a bait in the water.
If i was still going down there regularly i would have loved to have fished the rocky marks around Beachy Head, etc with some of the newer lures

Back