• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Lyne Regis lure fishing

Timmy H

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Has anyone tried along the beach west of the Cobb? It's a bit rocky and snaggy but I wonder if surface lures would work?

Monmouth beach yes mate bound to Chuck up bass and Ballen defo worth a shot ?
Thanks, I want to try something different to my normal Bristol Channel heavy gear fishing. I've got dozens of lures for freshwater so I reckon some of them might work. Would fishing the tide up in the evening work well?

Seaton to the east of the estuary working back along Lyme saw a lad smashing ballens out of there the other day or take a long walk Left or right at branscome your see take a look at Google earth your see wot your casting over but I mean a long walk that whould be my preference over Lyme mate bass ballens and pollock

Seaton to the east of the estuary working back along Lyme saw a lad smashing ballens out of there the other day or take a long walk Left or right at branscome your see take a look at Google earth your see wot your casting over but I mean a long walk that whould be my preference over Lyme mate bass ballens and pollock
Long walks are out for me now mate, 2 bad knees and COPD restricts how far I can go.

I'm going to try Lyme first simply because I've walked the beach many times, then head for Seaton later to have a look. Taking a carp rod and a few floats and sabikis as well so I might end up making a whole day of it.

I'm going to try Lyme first simply because I've walked the beach many times, then head for Seaton later to have a look. Taking a carp rod and a few floats and sabikis as well so I might end up making a whole day of it.
Hi the Front of the Cobb is good on lures

I picked up a small schoolie west of the cobb, had a walk eastwards from Seaton and had a small wrasse. Nothing exciting but it was good to be out and away from family and stress. Had a great fry up in the boot of the car but more importantly I got away from family and ignored the bloody phone all day. Going to do it again next week hopefully.

I picked up a small schoolie west of the cobb, had a walk eastwards from Seaton and had a small wrasse. Nothing exciting but it was good to be out and away from family and stress. Had a great fry up in the boot of the car but more importantly I got away from family and ignored the bloody phone all day. Going to do it again next week hopefully.
Nice area to waste a few hrs mate ???

Back