• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Lynmouth and Linton.

cap'nhaddock

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I went sightseeing there yesterday, is it worth fishing from the end of the harbour wall, past the tower?

Don't know about that Cap'n but the Fish & Chips are nice.Well worth the wait.

possibly some of the best fish n chips in the country

assume its the one overlooking the car park / beach right on the front??

also, theres a cracking restaurant just as you start going up into the village from the stone pier( lynmouth)
best whitebait ive eaten, and possibly one of the fkin hottest chillie con carnes ive ever had the misfortune to have shat back out again several hrs later, sure it took that many layers of skin off me ring, i was left gaping for a few weeks till it re grew :(

Last edited:
I went sightseeing there yesterday, is it worth fishing from the end of the harbour wall, past the tower?
Yes, it’s called the Rhenish Tower. Cast about 25/30 degrees to the right off the front. High tide spot obviously.

Throws up various in season. Codling, whiting, bass, huss, doggies etc.

And it’s Lynton ?

Strange that the signs were to Lynmouth, the signs for Lynton were pointing up the hill, didn't even consider fishing from up there.

Rip off merchants chip shop but you can fish there ok..also in the car park into the old paddling pool. Both easy but not prime marks i.m.o

Rip off merchants chip shop but you can fish there ok..also in the car park into the old paddling pool. Both easy but not prime marks i.m.o
Agree about the chippy! Far better locally for price and portions imo.
The one at Lynton isn’t bad.

Also agree re the marks. They throw up a few fish here and there, easy access, can produce the odd decent one, but I wouldn’t be rushing to make a special trip to fish them.

Back