• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Mission accomplished!

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all,
I was out again last night, the tide was far from ideal but I’d had a horrid day at work and the weather was good so I figured why not!
I wasn’t waiting too long for my first fish of the night, a hound at 8lbs 10oz, No.99.
I recast and went for a little forage when I found a nice little punga hiding away… jackpot!!
I returned to my rod and reeled in, the crab was battered and covered in weed.
Out the punga went and within 5 minutes, the rod slammed over! Those things are like cat-nip to hounds!! Before too long, my 100th hound of the year hit the shore line, I was absolutely buzzing!
It pulled the scales down to a healthy 8lbs 15oz but the size was unimportant, I was just so happy to have hit my target.
There was just time for 1 more before the tide forced me in, a smaller fish of 6lbs 3oz.
101 hounds doesn’t quite have the same ring to it as Dalmatians ?. E3A3399F-AAEF-4B79-BD46-F60B44721217.jpegA9A5024A-E53D-4184-98CE-FE65238964DE.jpeg4BB9FE61-7F33-4DA5-A6D3-F5889BDB70DF.jpeg

Great result mate that’s a fair haul of hounds orso Wots a punga ???

Well done and with a few weeks to spare. What's your next target? Big autumn bass?

Well done and with a few weeks to spare. What's your next target? Big autumn bass?
Actually, yes!! I’d love to beat my pb this year… it’s only 5lbs 6oz so not totally unrealistic.

You really must love rock salmon and chips!!
They all go back to fight another day mate, I usually only keep one or two from boat comps. They are damn fine eatin’ though!

Actually, yes!! I’d love to beat my pb this year… it’s only 5lbs 6oz so not totally unrealistic.
Most seem to be around the 4-5lb range this year with a few 6's thrown in. However one at 12lb 6oz earlier in the year keeps me hopeful of their return. Local drift netters did terrible damage to our local stocks of breeding size bass. Despite being banned a few years back they haven't returned yet or built back up. Also super trawlers in the channel depleting the mackerel can't have helped. moan over

Awesome fishing, well done on the hundred, that's some going (y) (y) (y) , so what's the next target going to be?

Awesome fishing, well done on the hundred, that's some going (y) (y) (y) , so what's the next target going to be?
My ultimate goal is a shore caught tope but unfortunately, they’re not too common in north Kent anymore. (Although I have known of two small ones caught here in my lifetime)…..
So, realistically my next target is to beat my bass pb of 5lbs 6oz, a double would be special!

Back