• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New boy.

Welcome Jon,

It it a wonderful site and a load of great guys on there, it was the start of my proper fishing and always greatful for that, but have not left properly.

But it has its troubles, for me I can't log in on my phone , Nick said I should get a new phone, yes maybe , but if TSF and WSF are using the same program , why is it I can get on TSF but not WSF.

I have to down load an ad blocker, why when WSF is the only site that I cant get into Out of the the sites I visit.

It's seems that a lot of things that were asked for to be changed , or brought back, havnt so they have had enough.

Why the premium account now, yes money, but if your selling something make sure it's worth buying, and don't send the customer to the manufacture , which is the point of premium , stopping ads. , only get told to down a free down load ad blocker, so whats the point here

recon if WSF had acted faster and been more on the ball, people would not have left , people are part of the forum and should be considered so.

I think if one was to scroll though all the comments made of discontentment , one could draw enough of why people looked for another forum.

But like some say on WSF, people come and people go.

Any way, not all have left properly, like me I can only visit weekends, others will keep going back, just to catch up.

Hope you are well Jon.

Last edited:
Hi and Welcome Jon! I've seen a few of your posts on the Dark side so recognise the name. Like @Mukiwa I haven't fully left WSF yet, but I fear the writing is on the wall. I'm hoping that things will improve but I'm not counting any chickens! During my short membership, I've noticed a change for the worst, before the upheaval over the new layout. There seems to be folk who love a good argument, folk who are always right and refuse to accept that anybody else may have a valid viewpoint, and the Mods/Admin seem to have let the power go to their heads.

There is one character from the South East who appears on our local South West forum, stirs everybody up, and then goes into hiding for a few weks until the next time. Nick keeps promising that things will change & improve, but nothing has happened yet relating to members requests in nearly a month. It was a refreshing change to come here when Mike started this new forum, and see a few old faces. The atmosphere here is a lot more laid back and friendly. I just hope if a few of the "Offending characters" find their way here and get up to their old capers, they will be promptly shut down. Stay safe & well. (y) (y)

Last edited:
Hi Jon, I know you too from wsf. I’m Not a big poster on there anymore, a couple of the inmates got a bit whiny at some of the banter on the boat ownership pages and ruined it for everybody else.
I remember you used to muck in on that forum a fair bit with your sharp wit.
There are other alternatives that are more speak easy.

Hi Sneaky, ( I hope I can call you by your Christian name?)
This is the first time I’ve dared to use the inter web since I got a stern telling off from big bad Nick. I’ve actually been scared to even look at the thing.

Hi Sneaky, ( I hope I can call you by your Christian name?)
This is the first time I’ve dared to use the inter web since I got a stern telling off from big bad Nick. I’ve actually been scared to even look at the thing.
Sorry can I ask , what happened with Nick, why did he tell you off mate.

Sorry can I ask , what happened with Nick, why did he tell you off mate.
There were a few on the boat owners forum that were deemed to be a clique group with all their own personal wind ups and banter. “Outsiders” complained and Nick stormed in and shut them all down with no warning.
so a good handful left (or got banned for standing up for themselves) and met up on another forum site. It’s actually really good.

Wow that's not good, the fall out from that is lost members, sad mate.

So I know the name jonC from WSF, coz I get confused some times mix up with JonD,

So Jon is just apart of the fall out then, from the first message I thought Jon was here to sneaky peak, sorry had to put that way

The whole clique thing was bollox. Only one or two people actually knew each other in real life and we gave each other as much stick as we could, we never teamed up against anyone or targeted other users. If people joined in with banter then they would receive it. Unfortunately a lot of people like to dish it out but but not receive it. It got to the point where all our posts were heavily moderated, deleted usually if there was the slightest element of humour to them. Answers like ‘yes I like blue boats’ or ‘ I like this rope’ make a really dull place.

JonD is my hero!
I still have an account, look in periodically. It’s sad as I was on there almost from the start when the Total sea fishing forum closed.

JonD is my hero!
I still have an account, look in periodically. It’s sad as I was on there almost from the start when the Total sea fishing forum closed.
I am truely sorry that you guys had such a hard time. But also really sorry I miss intrupted your message.

Hope I have not afended you, if I have, I am truely sorry

I am truely sorry that you guys had such a hard time. But also really sorry I miss intrupted your message.

Hope I have not afended you, if I have, I am truely sorry

You would do really well to offend me, I can take it.
what would have offended me would be confusing me with that mong Saintlyfish,he was a weapons grade knob head, glad he’s not on here!

what would have offended me would be confusing me with that mong Saintlyfish,he was a weapons grade knob head, glad he’s not on here!
Well you have two knobs on this forum, me and Mr fish lol

How do you know he’s not Jon? Anybody can change a name on a forum. Maybe he’s taking a sneaky peak at you right now ?
You’ll never know ??‍♂️

How do you know he’s not Jon? Anybody can change a name on a forum. Maybe he’s taking a sneaky peak at you right now ?
You’ll never know ??‍♂️
Eyes are always watching you lol. Got worried when Nick followed me on WSF, thought I was in for the high jump

I used to enjoy his fishing reports, being relevant to me in the Solent, I didn't enjoy some of your exchanges with him, I thought you should both just get a room!
;)

Back