• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New reel and rod for beach

Personally I'd stretch the budget and go for the supercasts instead of the sandstorm's.
Why do you recommend the Supercast over the Sandstorm Alex? I’m interested as I looked at both when I was thinking of buying but apart from the stainless steel guides I couldn’t see what the extra money was for, but I wasn’t able to try them out. They both looked good quality build-wise but for the average angler do you think they would help cast further or improve an aspect of their fishing?

I thought it was you that had put up the link to the video above, so guessed you would have watched it & seen what was involved.
I posted it,you could have found it yourself but you didn't bother,easier for someone else to do it for you.? I didn't watch all of it no need I'm not buying one or the Salt Tripod.I have the Imax version and like you with the Grauvell rod I got it for a bargain from Home un Leisure,£11-50 plus postage when on auction.Mine would fit in the Quiver no problem,who needs a bag to keep it clean the Quiver would do that.(y)

Thanks for the feedback em yes supercasts look wonderful but two of them double price of two sandstorms ?? nope ? not got that kind of budget ill be very happy getting the sandstorms thanks tho?
Well for £150 can deliver/meet up with a pair of Imax 15ft twin tip rods which have bags these have been barely used friends not going sea fishing as back issues also has a pair of Leeda Icon Ultra power mint apart from needing one ring used twice we was at Dover and rod tapped Granite blocks which broke liner so snipped rest off.

Both pairs of rods many like. Imax tips are light 4oz odd and heavier for upto 6oz ish Did offer to get for someone on here/other side but messed about but if interested i will ring him and sort out when can pick up and venture down and you could have sunday most likely as heading Climping way.

@tdxs133pm
@Tatunka joe Have these ask them

Well for £150 can deliver/meet up with a pair of Imax 15ft twin tip rods which have bags these have been barely used friends not going sea fishing as back issues also has a pair of Leeda Icon Ultra power mint apart from needing one ring used twice we was at Dover and rod tapped Granite blocks which broke liner so snipped rest off.

Both pairs of rods many like. Imax tips are light 4oz odd and heavier for upto 6oz ish Did offer to get for someone on here/other side but messed about but if interested i will ring him and sort out when can pick up and venture down and you could have sunday most likely as heading Climping way.

@tdxs133pm
@Tatunka joe Have these ask them
Thanks for the offer tournamag but I’m after only new Daiwa gear this round
Fished years back with cheap mixed crap want all the same gear now

Thanks for the offer tournamag but I’m after only new Daiwa gear this round
Fished years back with cheap mixed crap want all the same gear now
Ho Dear!
Don't get blinded by Brand Labels and IVE had Daiwa why i'm using Shimano and Penn yet don't have Penn rods or Shimano ones either only reels and have Italcanna rods.
Daiwa was ok years back but they stood still this years rods are last years and years before with different Graphics and eyes
ive had imax rods Match pluses good rods

Last edited:
Why do you recommend the Supercast over the Sandstorm Alex? I’m interested as I looked at both when I was thinking of buying but apart from the stainless steel guides I couldn’t see what the extra money was for, but I wasn’t able to try them out. They both looked good quality build-wise but for the average angler do you think they would help cast further or improve an aspect of their fishing?
To be fair, I've not tried the new sandstorm's but the old ones were floppy as a past its best stick of rhubarb.
The supercasts, though not soft, are not poker stiff either.
They are just a better blank with a longer lifespan.
I fear that the op will soon outgrow the sandstorm's but will grow with the supercasts.
Hope that makes sense?

To be fair, I've not tried the new sandstorm's but the old ones were floppy as a past its best stick of rhubarb.
The supercasts, though not soft, are not poker stiff either.
They are just a better blank with a longer lifespan.
I fear that the op will soon outgrow the sandstorm's but will grow with the supercasts.
Hope that makes sense?
Perfect sense and I understand what you are saying but I feel that you have formed your opinion based on the old Sandstorms, which I totally agree were very soft and floppy. The new model Sandstorms are a completely different animal and much stiffer (without being too stiff).
I used to try pendulum casting with the old Sandstorms but found they folded up on me, even with a simple OTG cast, so I changed to Daiwa Tournament Surf 13'3" rods which were great, and allowed me to cast a lot further, with or without pendulum casting, but I think the new Sandstorms are even better. (and half the price of the TTSBs)

If they last as long as the TTSBs did (before they got knicked) then I will be more than happy.

Back